Chapter 11

Chapter 11:

(Niall's POV)

"Niall, Aubrey." There were a few knocks at the door and someone was calling my name. I recognized the voice to be Zoella's. I wiggle out from underneath Aubrey to go unlock the door. 

"Hey," I greet her. She raises her eyebrows at me as she looks behind me at Aubrey, still fast asleep. "What?"

"What did you guys do while I was gone?" She smiles and winks.

"Nothing like that..." I chuckle. "Aubrey just fell asleep about an hour ago."

"That's sweet," she smiles and shuts Aubrey's door. She starts down the hallway to her own room and turns around, gesturing for me to follow her.

She sits on her bed and I sit across from her. "How was your date?" I ask. "Did my boy treat you well?"

"Do you think he wouldn't? Of course, he treated me well. Are you treating my girl well?" She raises an eyebrow. 

"Yeah," I say. "Why?"

"Because I see the way you look at her." I look at her, eyebrows raised in a questioning look. "It just seems like you care for her." She makes eye contact with me and I look down. "Niall, do you like her? I won't tell her."

I pick at a loose thread from her duvet's stitching. I could feel Zoella's eyes staring me down, waiting for an answer. Do I tell her? Or keep it a secret? I'm afraid falling in love with Aubrey would ruin our friendship. Zoella places her hand over mine and I glance up at her.

"It's okay, Niall."

"No it's not. It'll ruin our friendship. And, she obviously doesn't like me back. At least, not like that..."

She chuckles and shakes her head. "I don't know if she does or doesn't. She's not one to tell me about her love life. But, I know that she hasn't had a boyfriend ever."

"Ever?" She's never had a boyfriend? I haven't had a girlfriend since I left for X-Factor. Maybe that means something. I shake my head. Aubrey doesn't like me like that. "But, it wouldn't work out. We live on opposite ends of the world."

"So? Niall, make it work. That's what love is. Ask Aub to move back to London with you. She hates it here. The only reason she stays is because Kelsey's here with her. And plus, she'll be closer to me so whenever you have to go on tour, she can stay with me."

"I don't know..." I say.

"Just talk to her." She gets up. "I have to go run some errands for food and stuff. We'll eat when I get back. Talk to her while I'm gone." She leaves and I head downstairs to grab water. 

My phone rings and I see that it's Zayn calling me.

"Hey, mate," I answer.

"Vas happenin'?" 

"Still at Aubrey's. What're you doing?"

"Eh, not much. Louis and Liam went shopping. Harry and I are just playing video games."

"Okay, well I'll be home later. Make sure the tour bus is loaded with food for our last few shows."

"Of course. All right, Ni. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye, mate." He hangs up and I hear the door open behind me. I turn around and see Kelsey, assuming she's just finished at work. 

"Hi, Niall." She gives me a small wave and sets her purse down on the counter. "Where's Zoella and Aubrey?" She asks.

"Zoella went grocery shopping, I think. And Aubrey is-"

"Right here!" I hear Aubrey say from the bottom of the stairs. She fills a cup with milk and takes a seat next to me. "How was work?" She asks Kelsey, turning on the television to soccer. She's the only girl I know who would watch soccer with me.

"Oh, it was fine." Kelsey sighs and takes a seat in the chair across from the couch. "What'd you two do?"

"Stuff," Aubrey replies, leaning on the arm of the couch and putting her feet on my lap.

"Thanks for the details."

"Anytime," Aubrey stares at the TV screen. I chuckle. 

"Well, I am going to shower because I have plans tonight." She gets up.

"You have a date?" Aubrey asks, in mock shock.

Kelsey just rolls her eyes and goes into her room. Her room is on the first floor. I hear the shower turn on and assume she can't hear Aubrey and me now.

(Aubrey's POV)

"So, Aubrey," Niall says, looking at me. "I have to ask you a question..."

Oh, no. "Okay?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to move back home with me. To London... I know you don't want to leave here but I seriously can't lose you again."

"I don't know, Niall..." I look at him. "Kelsey... I would hate to leave her here alone."

He turns back towards the TV. I sit up straight and hug him. "But, I'll think about it."

"Promise?" He holds out his pinky. 

I smile and lock it with mine. "I promise."

"All right. Call me later when you figure something out." He stands up and I follow him to the door.

"Thanks for hanging out with me today."

"Anytime, Aub, anytime." I close the door behind him as Kelsey walks out of her bedroom, all dressed up. 

"Aw, don't you look cute," I tease. 

She sits next to me on the couch. "Seriously, Aubrey?" 

"What?"

"I overheard your conversation with Niall. You're seriously thinking about staying here just because of me?"

"Well, I don't want to leave you all alone," I mumble.

"You have to do what you want to do. You're 19, Aubrey. It's time for you to have some fun. Don't worry about me. He's your best friend. And ever since we've moved here, you haven't been the same without him. Don't lose him because of me again."

"It wasn't because of you..." I sigh. "And, I don't know..."

"If you're worried about something going wrong or you need to come home for a bit, I'll be here. Mum and Dad would have wanted you to go... so go. And if you decline, I'll ship your ass all the way there myself."

I laugh. "Okay..."

"And who knows? Maybe you'll end up falling in love." I roll my eyes. "But, if it doesn't work out, you'll always have me."

"Okay. I'll call him." I hug her and push her up. "Now you go have fun. And tell me all about it when you get back."

She leaves and Zoella is still out doint who knows what so I take my phone out and dial Niall's number. He picks up on the 2nd ring.

"Hey, Aub! What's up?" I hear noise on the other end and I'm almost pretty sure it's Louis and Zayn fighting.

"Uh, is this a bad time?" I ask.

"No," he chuckles. "Let me go somewhere quieter." I hear his footsteps as he walks and the noise suddenly stops. "Okay, what'd ya need?"

"Well, I, uh, talked to Kelsey..."

"And?"

"She said it's okay for me to leave her."

"Really?" He sounds excited. "But, you don't have to-"

"No, Niall. I really want to."

"Okay, well I have an extra bedroom I can set up for you. We have two shows in Seattle, Washington and then the boys and I get a three month break for the holidays. I'll drop back down here for you before booking the flight. Pack whatever you need."

"Okay."

"I'll text you. I have to go though. Gotta go eat."

"Okay, good night, Niall."

"Bye, love."

OMG literally goals. hope you loved this chapter because Naubrey is fav. Same with Hoella!!!;-)))))))) XOXO, Olive