Chapter 15

Chapter 15

(Aubrey's POV)

I wake up to the house completely silent. I look at the time on my phone which reads 9:14. Niall must have left for the studio already. I scroll through my notifications; the new followers, the comments, and the messages from  Kelsey.

I slip on my slippers and head downstairs. I make myself a cup of coffee before going on Twitter and Instagram. I text Kelsey back and reply to a few fans on Twitter. My phone beeps with a text and I see it's from Niall.

Niall: Good morning, sleepyhead (: I'll be back from the studio around 5. I'll pick up food on my way home.

Aubrey: Sounds good. Let me know if you need me to grab anything. I'm going out for a bit. See you later!

I decide to go out and explore London while Niall's out of the house. I change into gray leggings and black Uggs. I put on a lavender sweater with a knit infinity scarf. Since it's a bit chilly out, I put my black pea coat on over my sweater.

I drive out to some shops over by Zoella's flat. The shopping area is pretty crowded since the holiday season is sneaking up on us quickly. I figured it would be a good idea to get the boys presents while I still can.

As I'm getting out of my car, I accidentally bump into a girl with short brown hair.

"I'm so sorry!"

"Oh, you're fine," she assures me. "I wasn't watching where I was walking." We make eye contact and she smiles. "Wait, your face looks familiar..." She studies me for a minute and then her face lights up. "You're Aubrey!"

"Yeah, uh.." I wasn't quite sure who she was.

"Oh, you don't know me. I'm Louis' cousin, Winter."

"Oh! Nice to meet you."

"You too! What are you shopping for?"

"Nothing really," I tell her. "Maybe some Christmas presents for the boys."

"Me too. Except for my family. Here, let me put this stuff in my car and we can shop together."

I was hesitant to accept, but I could always use more friends.

Our first stop is a clothes store. Winter holds up a few knit scarves in a variety of different colors.

"Which ones?" She asks. "For Daisy and Phoebe."

I point to a pink one and a purple one. "Pink for Daisy and purple for Phoebe."

"So, did you move out here with Niall?"

"Yeah. I used to live in California with my sister. But it was time for a change."

"You'll love it here. If Niall's not around, I would love to show you around."

I smile. "I'd like that."

"Okay, your turn."

"My turn for what?" I ask, confused.

"Ask me a question."

I thought for a moment. "Are you and Louis close?"

"We are. I'm closer with Lottie and Fizzy. Louis and I have together, though. We're the oldest cousins. I'm 20 and he's turning 23 soon. How old is your sister?"

"Kelsey is 27 and I turn 20 tomorrow."

"That's exciting! Happy birthday! So, are you and Niall dating yet?"

I pull a funny face at the thought. "Not yet... We're just friends."

"Well do you want something more?" Jeez. This girl likes to talk.