Dreams: 13

Chan's POV:

The moon rose overhead, beaming with radiance throughout the murky dark clouds, signaling to Chan that hope is still rising with each second passed. He stood staring at the fading light of the moon grasping Seungmin's bracelet with his left hand. Chan looked back to see the members heading into the van eager to continue the search in the morning.

The members arrived back at the dorms and could not sleep. The dorm was silent but the pressure could be felt through the walls, each one knew what they had on their minds. Chan laid in his bed staring at the black abyss of the surrounding darkness hoping to doze off. Each attempt at resting his mind is met with the odd and vague images of Seungmin being taken in front of his eyes without a way to save him. Seungmin to Chan was similar to a lion and his cubs, no one stops the pack.

...

...

...

An image starts to appear, a bright irresistible light, that caresses and soothes the pores and nerves in Chan's skin. His sense of grief was replaced with a feeling of forgiveness and warmth. Chan looks around and can only see white, but can feel the floor that seems to not make a mark. A bright humanoid figure emerges from the light gaining color as it starts to move closer with every movement. The image becomes clearer and clearer as it continues to come forward, meanwhile, Chan is running faster and faster to reach it. The humanoid looked bright and gave Chan a sense of happiness, eagerly wanting to see what this figure was.

The humanoid was revealed to be Seungmin with his face looking softer than clouds and skin as clear as the summer skies. His posture was that of a baby in a fetal position with his legs pressed against his chest that was covered in a winter vest. Chan just sat back and stared at Seungmin, mesmerized by how pure and angelic he looked.

But Chan knew, all angels fall eventually. As soon as Chan came in to give Seungmin a love-filled hug, his world started to break. The once white wall had cracks and leaks of the hateful darkness. Black demonic arms emerged from each crack silently whispering, "Seungmin.... Seungmin...." The scene looked like overgrown vines rising to the surface. Cracks increase with each second that passes, hands restraining Chan's legs as Seungmin is being engulfed by the mass of darkness. The light is fading like how the moon was moments ago.

...

...

...

Chan woke up wide-eyed with a strain in his eyes. He rubbed his eyes and used his hands to fish for his phone in the darkness. He grabbed it to look at the time and was met with the bright, "3:16 AM" shining back at him. He felt a shiver crawling down his back as he laid down recalling what just happened in his dream. The moon was piercing through the cracks of the curtains, shining a light on top of Changbin's face. He begrudgingly got out of bed trying to get his mind off of the terrible image of Seungmin being swallowed by darkness.

Chan couldn't sleep that night, he tried to fall back asleep but was haunted and afraid he would recall the same dream. He just waited for the morning hoping things would get better.

The morning grew as the sun grew with light heating up the cold helpless bodies inside the dorm. Some of the members woke up one by one walking into the kitchen dead with minimal emotion, feeling drained from the night before. Chan looked over to see a frowny and miserable Jeongin dragging his feet against the hard-wood floors. Chan saw the tear stains that marked his face with the emotional trauma he experienced.

Chan went back to his room to go grab a jacket before continuing the search when he noticed a small note neatly wrapped in a sky blue ribbon on the nightstand. He quietly walked over being mindful of the sleeping Changbin right beside him. He grabbed the note and read it:

"Seungmin, I am deeply sorry I can't be there to protect you. I have failed you as a brother, and I can't forgive myself for that. You were the reason why the members are how we are because we needed a cute, happy, dandy, puppy that gave us light through the dark nights. I don't know what I would do if you don't come back.... I just don't want any more harm to be done to you, ever again.

-Changbin"

Chan set the note down and took a step back, bumping into the bunk bed, which woke up Changbin.

"Chan?" Changbin growled as he woke up from his deep sleep.

"Oh! Hey C-Changbin, are you a-alright? Do you need anything?" Chan's responses were quick making him stutter with the syllables.

"Yeah, I'm alright" Changbin rose up rubbing his eyes, and looked over to see the note opened with the ribbon sprawled on the nightstand.

"Wait- Did you read that?" Changbin asked flustered, with a little bit of regret and anger in his eyes.

"Uh--" Chan stuttered, "Yes, Well, I-I, I was just curious that's all"

"Chan, that was a personal note for him, I didn't want the others to see me in this weak state. Jeongin is already hurting and Seungmin is gone, if I can't protect my youngers, then what I am doing right", Chan saw the depths of defeat radiating from Changbin's pure heart, thinking he failed the group as a hyung.

Chan couldn't help but cry and be apathetic towards Changbin since they both felt the same way. Chan's mind was racing and did not see himself of how the other members felt until now. He never once thought of himself but rather focussed on Seungmin, making him blind to the feeling of the other members. Chan now wasn't only fighting to get Seungmin back, but he was also fighting to restore his team.