Lost Ties: 24

A/N: This has some descriptions of blood, so please read at your own risk!

Seungmin's POV:

The blares and whirls of the fireworks fill the silent atmosphere, as the glade falls into blotches and light fractures when tears prick at Seungmin's eyes. The glaze over his eyes reflects the vibrant colors that give character to the once dull sky. Stars begin to be hidden as the finale of the firework show approaches, making the group settle their eyes on Seungmin as the night's palette paints across his face.

He turns on his heel, pivoting to the sidewalk as he suppresses his sobs.

Hyunjin was the first to speak, "Seungmin!"

Seungmin kept walking. They don't need me anyway. They were always better without me.

Seungmin felt a hand grab at his arm, pulling the puppy to a pissed-off Chan.

"Seungmin..." Chan's expression was cold but his tone was concerned and conflicted about Seungmin's decision to leave the group.

"C-Chan, I just want you guys to be successful." Seungmin's voice lost its drive as the words spewed out in soft mumbles.

Chan looked lost in thought but soon was interrupted by a sobbing Jisung and Felix that were now clinging onto Seungmin's legs. Seungmin felt the guilt overtake him as he looked up to see Minho and Changbin silently crying in the dark abyss alone. The cool winter winds slowly caressed his cheeks turning them rosy. His breath crystallized as the heat left his body, his eyes drifting to the last launch of the fireworks that sent a final blow to Seungmin's heart.

Seungmin's felt a pair of fingers tilt his head up as his sight settled on a teary-eyed Chan. Chan's muscular hands thumbed at Seungmin's cheekbone, feeling around to calm the younger. Seungmin mourned in the thought of leaving this all too familiar warmth once again, but fate seemed inevitable. Why does he still care about me...

Seungmin looked down at the grass, his mind racing with insecurities and regrets about how he did not deserve Chan's trust. He closed his eyes, suppressed his whines, clenched his fists, hoping for his pain to finally leave him. Chan continued to thumb at his cheek, making the younger stare softly at the older. The street lights reilluminated as the show concluded.

Taking in a breath, he closed his eyes to recuperate his focus on the decision he just made. Should he leave this wonderful group of people? Seungmin felt lost, with no one there to support him when he fell. No one was there to free him of his shackles. He felt like...

Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.