Day Off: 22

Chan's POV:

A few days have passed and Seungmin has been able to walk better with each night that passes. The life Chan sees course throughout the slim boy's body is evident in his movements and mood. The puppy ran through the dorm meeting Changbin at the kitchen fridge, grabbing the milk carton to fill his glass. Chan sends a smile towards the two as he settles deeper within the couch cushions.

The younger plopped himself next to Chan and snuggled close into Chan's side with the glass of milk in between his palms. Seungmin has gotten a lot closer to Chan over the past few days. The two can bask in each other's presence without feeling awkward or strained anymore. They finally seemed to fit each other's lost pieces and created a bigger image between the two.

Chan wrapped his arm around the younger, letting his hand rest at Seungmin's waist. He let Seungmin's head fall in the crack of his neck, sitting flush together without a missing gap between them.

Minho and Jisung walked into the living room and sat next to the two and exchanged a quick peck to each other. They have been together for a couple of days and already have blossomed into a new flower that is waiting to show its colors.

...

...

...

Minho's POV:

Minho took a deep breath outside of the door and clutched the item that was in the process of wilting. He turned the knob slowly and walked in without looking back.

"Jisung-" The younger's gaze swiped the words right out of Minho's mouth leaving him stunned, marveling at the sight of Han Jisung. His cheeks and eyes captivated his heart, his caramel skin gave his figure depth and contrast, and his voice when he spoke filled the endless void with a luminous warmth.

"Yes?" Jisung tilted his head to the side, side-eyeing the alluring assorted bouquet that Minho held.

"I-, I need to talk to you."

Jisung only nodded, patting a spot next to him on Hyunjin's bed. The younger never rushed Minho, letting him take his time to hear what the older needed to say.

"I feel that things between us have been getting really good, especially after the situation with Seungmin. I think we have been getting closer and I don't think I can hide it any longer."

Minho thought of Chan's words. He knows the younger has an interest, but why does he still feel so anxious asking him? Will Jisung even accept his confession?

The younger stared at Minho with attentive eyes, not breaking his gaze to allocate all his focus on the older.

"I would want to take this relationship further if you would allow it." He turned towards the quokka and curled his lips into a small smile that spoke of Genuity.

Jisung leaned forward and pulled Minho into a hug. His hand making its way up to stroke Minho's hair.

"I was thinking the same thing, Hyung."

Jisung's words launched a wave of relief that breached on Minho's shore, washing away the anxiety fossilizing in the shape of seashells scattered against the sand. They hugged each other, reciprocating their feelings for one another.

...

...

...

Minho turned on the T.V. and changed the channel to MNET to watch the other groups promoting with their stages. He turned his head back to Jisung, their fingers laced in a complex thread that seemed like it was impossible to separate. He could see Seungmin in his peripheral vision sipping at the glass of milk getting near to finishing it.

The four of them sat on the couch, the other members passing by with a little glint in their eyes. Chan and Seungmin rose from the cushions muttering about where they wanted to go with the rest of the members.

"Channie-Hyung, can we go out today? I know that I'm not fully recovered and the company is worried about me, but I just want to live a little like before with the rest of the members."

Chan's features spoke eons, he didn't want the younger to be reintroduced to the barbarous grasp of the antis and sasaengs. Rather, he wanted Seungmin to be in the comfort of his presence and feel cared for.

Minho could read Chan like a book, he knew Chan wanted to let Seungmin go out, but he wanted nothing to happen to Seungmin again.

Minho pulled Chan aside, leaving Jisung to converse with Seungmin and Jeongin who entered the living room from the kitchen.

"Hyung, I think you should let him do this. He seems more confident now and probably feels disconnected from us. Knowing Seungmin, he is probably beating himself up about how we care for him so much. Doing this would allow him to finally feel free."

Minho spoke softly and tentatively to Chan, his emotions pouring into his speech with each syllable that passed.

Chan sighed deeply, looking defeated with a mix of nervousness swirled into his expression.

"Don't worry Hyung. I'm sure the members will do anything to protect him. I will even ask the staff to bring 4 guards with us just in case." Minho patted Chan on the shoulder, letting the older slump them down in a huff.

"Alright, I guess we can go out today."

Minho smiled and pulled Chan in for a small hug which was brief from the hurried excitement that flowed through them.

Minho informed their manager which was hesitant but decided it was good for the morale of the group and agreed to the 4 guard rule.

Chan called the rest of the members to the living room telling them the plan for the day. Throwing around ideas on where to go and being happy they finally get to leave the dorms again. Seungmin looked brighter than the day, radiating his genuine smile among the members. His smiles shone through, being rarer than blue moons that graced the Earth.

Minho knew this was exactly what Seungmin needed.