Riverside: 23

Seungmin's POV:

Seungmin's face lightened with grace as Chan unveiled the news to the members.

"Are we really going to spend the day at the Han River, Hyung?" Felix's voice cut through the waves of excitement, enticing Seungmin to finally be able to leave the dorms.

"Yes, but our manager is mandating we have four guards that accompany us," Chan spoke with fluidity and a pinch of regret in his voice, seemingly like it was his fault that these regulations were placed on the group he raised.

Seungmin crept slowly next to Chan's arm, gripping it with both of his to lure the leader into his touch. He felt Chan's tension release at the sudden pop of his bubble, looking up to see the older presenting a warm smile.

"Are you sure you are okay with this, Hyung?" Seungmin felt like he pressured Chan into making a decision he did not fully support.

"The riverside view with you and the members is all I could ask for, but..." Chan's voice trailed off, Seungmin strengthened his grip on the older to try and fish out the rest of his sentence that was buried behind the layers of his perfectly sculpted face and figure, "I-I'm just worried about what could happen to you, Seungmin."

Seungmin's heart broke. Was he really being a burden for Chan? Was he being selfish?

He didn't even think about how the members felt after he was taken. Seungmin was a liability to them, bound to cause them trouble as a group. Chan is only caring for him and keeping him inside the dorms so he doesn't cause any drastic consequences. All those times they snuggled against each other on the couch were just stray touches of affection to calm the younger's mind. No wonder four guards have to accompany them now, it is to stop Seungmin from fucking up again like he always did.

Seungmin eased off of Chan, situating himself next to Jisung and Minho that were chatting amongst each other. His thoughts clouded his emotions, like a brick wall was placed, gating his subconscious from letting out his unwanted thoughts. Chan shifted in the absence of the younger and wrapped an arm around the smaller boy's waist.

"Is everything alr-"

"I'm fine." Seungmin's voice was blunter than stone and was filled with a rigid icy chill.

Chan backed off, releasing his tender palm from the younger's waist, and continued to get the rest of the group ready for the riverside group vacation.

.

Seungmin inched out of the van, slinking closer out of the entrance to meet the rest of the members that were frolicking in the lush green blades of feather-like grass that brushed against their ankles, tingling the nerves of their feet. Hyunjin was the first to spot the puppy, making his way towards him.

"Seungmin-ah~ come join us!" Felix walked up behind Hyunjin and gestured for Seungmin to take a spot on the blanket where Changbin, Jisung, and Minho were. Seungmin diverted his gaze to his left to see Jeongin and Chan talking at the edge of the bank. The sight of Chan made Seungmin's whole body convulse at the intense stare he held.

Chan's features were coated in the burgundy golden rays of the distant sunset that settled over the horizon, melting through the outskirts of the city. The mixtures of red, orange, gold and purple flurried in the sky. The added slight breeze highlighted Chan's silky hair that was softer than clouds. His physique was cut and strong as he held a hand on Jeongin's shoulder.

Seungmin was at a loss for words. How could someone this beautiful start to fall for someone like him? It was impossible. He is a useless piece of garbage that was somehow selected by a kindhearted leader that saw something in him that he knows he doesn't have.

Seungmin looked back to Felix and Hyunjin and just nodded, sitting next to Changbin where the older plopped his hand on Seungmin's thigh, softly rubbing circles. The guards they brought along were chatting together as they maintained a safe distance to give the boys their privacy. The occasional glance was all they shot at them as they continued to converse on the topic they were so interested in. He kept quiet in the group's conversation like he always did, but his mind was somewhere else.

"I can't wait for the fireworks tonight, it should start in 10 minutes." Minho's voice could be heard as the night grew, but Seungmin drowned out the distant voices to make way for his racing mind.

His focus was still on how he can not screw up anymore and cause trouble for the rest of the group. Promotions were going to resume in 3 days, and Seungmin needed to find a solution.

Jeongin appeared next to Seungmin, tackling the older as Seungmin was pulled away from his thoughts.

"Yah! Did you hear me!" Seungmin's focus settled on the younger's worried features as he felt a hand caress his back.

"I'm alright..." Seungmin's voice trailed off as he avoided Jeongin's question.

"No, you are not! Chan told me about how you have been ignoring him this entire trip-"

"Jeongin, enough!" Chan's voice echoed through the empty bank, causing silence through the group.

"No Hyung, Seungmin should tell us what is wrong!"
"He shouldn't have to if he isn't ready t-"

"I don't care if he is ready! He should tell us regardless! You remember last time?"

"That was in the past-"

"And what? Are you not afraid it is going to happen again." Seungmin's reality came crashing down on him. Sound was being drowned out as he saw the two were fightings right in front of him.

"I-"

"Shut up Seungmin! I just want you to be safe and healthy for our group, for our family."

Tears were streaming down Seungmin's face as he saw Chan intercept one of Jeongin's arms in an attempt to restrain the younger.

"Why are you talking like this is Seungmin's fault?"

Jeongin paused for a bit before continuing, "It is not his fault, but he needs to trust us, that we are here to help!" He kept gesturing towards Seungmin like he was an unstable object that was set to go off any second. Minho rose from the cushion he sat on and took a place next to Chan.

"Jeongin, stop." Minho's expression was cold and unforgiving.

"Um..." Changbin slowly rose from Seungmin's side leaving the puppy to cry harder in his palms. "I think Jeongin is right here."

Hyunjin and Felix joined Jeongin, while Jisung opted to join Chan. Seungmin was left in the middle of his group's argument, having to face what his actions have caused. He needed to make a decision before his group was torn from the inside out.

Ribbons made of sparkles rose from the base of the foundation that was situated across the river. More ribbons were flown through the now dark starry night sky letting the streams criss-cross in breathtaking patterns.

Seungmin took a deep breath. You need to tell them.

"I'm leaving the group."

The group went silent as the first firework roared through the now still and quiet night. The attention was once again on Seungmin as the fireworks increased in voraciously lighting up the sky with bursts of neon colors and white ribbons. The group's argument was replaced with the sound of pops that allowed for Seungmin to gather their full focus.

"I-I'm leaving the group."