Van: 15

Chan's POV:

    Pain. Pain is all Chan thought as his feet dragged against the rugged sidewalk outside of the dorms waiting for the members. Each step was empowered with the force of guilt and disappointment, feeling the shockwave of his emotions pounding back at him. The sun was blazing down, but the icy winds helped ease the pain of the sun's intense rays.

    "Seungmin..... Seungmin.." his mind was only focused on him. His smiles jolted him away from the darkness that came. It shielded him from the annoyance of growing up. It lifted the burden of being the eldest and leader of the group he loves with all his heart. But to see that child-like innocence be ripped from him and replaced with a darker undertone of fear and hatred, it carves at Chan thinking that he has failed.

    "Hyung!"

    Chan looks back to see Jisung sprinting to him from the sidewalk frantically with his phone in his hand.

    "Hyung! We found him!" Chan's features morph from an emotionless zombie to one with worry and joy clashing at once seeing who will win the war.

    "Where." That is all Chan can say before Jisung is shoving the phone in his face with their group Life360 pulled up on the screen. Chan's eyes roam to find Seungmin's relative locations and hones in when he finally sees it.

    "He is in the warehouse by SM entertainment. It is about 2 hours away." Chan says bluntly, readjusting his jacket to hold a stance that he is ready to advance to the next challenge.

    Felix and Hyunjin shortly walk out of the dorm with their jackets in hand ready to return to the search, as Changbin, Minho, and Jeongin follow them out shortly after.

    Jisung updates the rest of the group about the situation and the crowd bombards him with questions.

    "Why is he at SM?" Hyunjin asked as he grips Jisung's arm, shaking him to maybe get him to magically know.

    "How long ago was he pinpointed on the map?"

    "Do you think SM kidnapped him?"

    "Does the company know?"

    "Is he alive?!"

    The questions fill Chan's mind as the crowd adds fuel to the fire, slowly cooking Jisung alive from all this pressure.

    The simple wave of Chan's hand stops the chatter and all eyes seem to dart from Jisung to Chan. Hyunjin who was still shaking Jisung froze like a deer in headlights, ready for what the leader had to say.

    "We leave in 10 minutes." The atmosphere was already thick, but now it felt like it was suffocating. The members stood there frozen like they had been stuck to the floor with super glue. Chan's voice was abrupt and stern with no signs of sympathy but flowed through the member's ears to show a clear message.

    Chan made his way to the van to go converse with the managers, leaving the members to themselves. The trance they were in seemed to break as Chan left their proximity allowing them to breathe and quickly get ready for the upcoming search.

    The members split into two vans: Chan, Jeongin, and Hyunjin are in the first van, while Minho, Changbin, Felix, and Jisung are in the second van.

    "Hyung..." Jeongin whimpered, his eyes constantly swollen with his face in his palms.

    Chan leaned his head back against the headrest while Hyunjin stroked Jeongin's back in comfort.

    "He will be okay Jeongin... I know he will..." Hyunjin whispered with his eyes closed, tugging Jeongin's head closer to his chest.