Twenty

That weekend, the gang was happy that Lisa and Jennie were acting normal again. In fact, Lisa even offered to help Jennie make their song.

Jennie was thrilled.

“'Stay with me, I'll make you mine',” she sang, while she sat beside Lisa in the YG Studio.

Lisa shook her head.

“No, that's not right,” she said. After a few seconds of being thoughtful, she added, “How about — 'Stay with me, I'll make you smile'.”

She stiffened. She had never heard Lisa sing – and she was honestly startled.

Now, she could see why the others insisted them on singing together. Lisa's voice was unbelievably heartbreaking.

“Well?” she asked with a raised eyebrow when she didn't say anything.

She could only stare at her.

“Is that good?” she asked again.

She forced herself to nod. And as if on cue to break the tension, Seulgi spoke up.

"Nope. Sorry to disappoint you, but really — it wasn't that good,” Seulgi said. It was hard to tell if he really thought so. “But can I make a suggestion?” she asked, her eyes twinkling.

Lisa could see where this was coming.

“Fine,” she said, slightly grinning.

Seulgi cleared her throat, while everyone waited.

“'Stay with me, my honey bee'” Seulgi sang in a very low-pitched voice.

Everyone in the room laughed.

-
Rosé went to the library in search for Jisoo.

When she got there, she saw freshmen girls giggling and huddling in a circle. It seemed that they were surrounding Jisoo. Rosé moved closer to get a better view and she overheard what they were saying.

“I can't understand this diagram, Jisoo,” a girl with blonde pony tailed hair said. She bent down, leaning to Jisoo.

Rosé huffed. “Can't Jisoo notice?” she hissed, glaring at the girls. “I'm here, Chu. Just waiting for you."

Why? Rosé thought. Why am I acting this way? Why not the year before last when we were still dating together? Why now that there's not a chance left? Why did I realize how I truly feel for her, just now? Last Thanksgiving, when we hugged... there was a connection... And from there, I knew. Didn't she feel how I felt that night?

Rosé was deeply lost in thought when Jisoo interrupted her.

“Hey, why are you just standing there?” she inquired, lifting her chin up.

She jumped in startle.

“I-I don't know,” she stuttered. “Bye.”

With that, she left.

“Wait!” Jisoo called out for her.

But she was already too far to hear.

***

“Yes! Just a few more lines!” Jennie said, stretching out her arms. “This song really tortured me.”

“Stop complaining,” Lisa told her. “I came up with most of the phrases, so you don't have the right to complain.”

“That's only because you reject all of my suggestions,” she muttered.

“They're prosaic. Can you blame me?"