Thirty-Four

Seulgi exhaustedly told Jeongyeon, Jisoo, and Lisa what had happened that night. After hearing the story, they couldn't help but laugh their heads off.

Seulgi scowled at them. It was the first time for her plan to backfire, making her really pissed her off.

Although, she remembered that Jennie was entirely convinced that she was Madam Merlinessa. Rosé was slightly suspicious, though. She only started believing her when she mentioned something about Rosé's past that she knew.

Nayeon was the only one that knew Madam Merlinessa was Seulgi. She was so strange. But she was quite thankful that that night, when they returned from the cottage, Nayeon acted as though nothing unusual happened.

They continuously laughed at her as she removed the last bit of makeup on her face. When she went out of the bathroom, they were still snickering.

“Don’t ever mention what I did to anybody,” Seulgi growled threateningly.

“Yeah, we’ll take it to the grave,” Jisoo chuckled skeptically.

“Of course,” Jeongyeon grinned.

"Whatever,” Lisa muttered, still chortling.

“Lali!” Seulgi cried desperately. “This is serious.”

“Okay, okay,” Lisa said through her chuckles.

“So what’s your plan now, Jeongyeon?” Seulgi asked l suddenly. She did the trick. They stopped laughing and looked at Jeongyeon.

Since they failed to know how Nayeon felt for Jeongyeon, what was her next move?

“I’ll just continue with what I was planning from the start,” Jeongyeon decided, looking on the floor. “Even though it has the possibility of ruining our friendship... I’d rather risk it than wonder for a long time what would’ve happened if I did ask her out.”

“That’s absolutely true,” Seulgi agreed, grinning broadly.

“Go for it,” Jisoo encouraged. “When will you tell her?”

Jeongyeon didn't answer Jisoo's question for a long while. She looked like she was arguing with herself whether she should tell Nayeon sooner rather than later.

“New Year’s Eve, I think,” Jeongyeon murmured thoughtfully.

Lisa smiled to herself, remembering what happened last Christmas Eve. She had yet to tell Jisoo what happened, planning to open up to her best friend after the Holidays.

She suddenly stood up and walked toward the door with the others staring at her at her abrupt movement. She stopped when she reached the doorway and looked over her shoulder.

“I have a feeling that it’ll turn out well, Jeongyeon,” Lisa said, before continuing with walking away. “I’ll just take a bath,” she called after them.

Lisa went straight to her room; she took off her shirt leaving her with only her sports bra and opened the bathroom door. After taking one step inside, she froze.

Someone was inside the bathroom.

This was probable because every two rooms share the same bathroom in the house they were staying at. And she just remembered that she shared this bathroom with Jennie.

She froze because the bathroom was filled with steam. Obviously, someone opened the hot water causing it to be foggy. Then, she saw a figure. It wasn't very clear. She tried to make out the figure, but before she could, Jennie turned her head and saw Lisa looking at her.

Jennie's eyes turned very round, clearly horrified.

Lisa could feel the heat creep up to her face.