Twenty-Three

A couple of days have passed since the YG Deviants' gig.

Jennie was sound asleep in her room when her dream was disturbed by Ella’s screaming outside her room.

“What's the matter?” Jennie groaned groggily. She got up from the bed and went to the living room to see what the commotion was all about.

Chaerin was lining up suitcases at the center of the room. When she looked up, she saw Jennie standing in front of her still in pajamas.

“Mom, what's going on?” Jennie asked.

“Oh!” Chaerin gasped. “Sweetie, I'm so sorry. I forgot to inform you.”

Jennie frowned in confusion. “Inform me about what?”

“We’re going to Thailand for the Holidays,” Chaerin answered casually. “Our flight is today. Your things are already packed, so all you need to do is take a shower and get dressed. We’re leaving in about...” She paused to look at her watch, “an hour. I was just about to wake you."

Jennie's eyes widened. Well, that was surely a lot to take in. But either she was used to her mother's surprises or she was too sleepy to care.

“Do we have relatives in Thailand?” she asked her mother, rubbing her eyes as she turned to walk back to her room.

“The Manobans have.”

All the sleepiness Jennie felt left her. She sharply turned to her Mom, thinking she might have heard wrong. No, she was certain she heard wrong.

“We’ve been invited to spend the Holidays there with them,” Chaerin said a-matter-of-factly, when she noticed Jennie's questionable look.

“And you didn't bother to tell me sooner?” Jennie asked incredulously.

Chaerin indignantly looked at Jennie. “Why, I didn't think it would be such a big deal. I thought you and Lisa are getting on well.”

That's an overstatement, Jennie thought.

She sighed and returned to her room. As she was taking a shower, her mother’s words replayed over and over again in her head.

"The Manobans have... We’ve been invited to spend the Holidays there with them... I thought you and Lisa are getting on well.”

It was quite a scary thought if you think about the fact that it meant she was going to spend the entire vacation with Lalisa Manoban. Part of her seemed happy, though.

Now that she thought about it, she was really happy. She actually found herself looking forward to the trip. Imagine, she was going to spend the whole vacation with Lisa... without anyone from the gang... without anyone from school.

Just like the time when they went to the N Seoul Tower together. And the time when she rescued her in Yongsan. Also, that time afterward when they were in the car and she gave her flowers... and she smiled.

Her heartbeat suddenly accelerated, just thinking about her breathtaking smile. Knowing that somehow, she was the reason for it...

She leaned on the bathroom sink for support, feeling dizzy all of a sudden. She noticed herself panting and sweating.

No... No way... Absolutely no...

But yes.

She finally got it. It slowly popped into her head, like pieces of puzzle that were finally coming together.

She liked Lisa. She liked her so much that simply seeing her smile made her happy, blissful even. And just thinking about how much she felt for her made her panic.