Thirty

"Mom, are you sure it’s okay?”

It had been two hours later. Everyone was at the living room saying their goodbyes to Lisa and Jennie before the teens made their way back to the other side of the country.

Chaerin smiled. “Don’t make me change my mind, sweetie. Besides, you’re with Lisa,” she added, waving a hand dismissively. “I’m sure she won’t let anything bad happen to you.”

Jennie sighed in relief. She really wanted to go on this trip. She missed the gang so much. She couldn't wait to see them again.

Bambam dangled the car keys in his hand. He grinned at Jennie.

“I’m going to give you a ride to the airport,” he informed, waggling his eyebrows suggestively.

“That's great,” Jennie beamed.

“Whatever,” Lisa muttered, picking up her bags and making a move to leave.

After several goodbyes and more I love you’s, they finally left the house.

“Where’s Palisa?” Jennie wondered, not having seen her all day.

She was hoping that she could at least say goodbye. After all, they grew somewhat close over the Holiday.

She craned her neck and looked around the airport hoping to spot Palisa somewhere. No luck, though.

“She told me she’ll meet us here,” Lisa said. She turned to Bambam and asked, “Is there something you want to tell me?”

“Err...” Bambam shifted his feet uncomfortably. “Nothing in particular.”

Lisa stared at him.

“Why?”

“No reason,” Lisa shrugged.

A few moments later, Palisa arrived. She waved at them as she neared. The three waved in turn. She then stopped a feet away from Lisa and Jennie.

“I’m going to miss the both of you,” Palisa added, pouting slightly. “It’s been a pleasure meeting you, Jennie,” she said, hugging Jennie warmly.

“Y–You too,” Jennie choked out, startled.

Palisa gently pulled away. She turned to Lisa and warmly hugged her, too.

"Open your eyes and listen to your heart,” she whispered to her. “Don’t hesitate to show how you feel because you’ll never know, she might feel the same way.”

She pulled away, raising an eyebrow at Lisa if she understood. She was slightly frowning, but nodded all the same.

“Flight to Incheon; Gate nine, now leaving... Passengers, please proceed...”

Lisa and Jennie exchanged looks.

“Have a safe trip,” Palisa told them, smiling. “Don’t be a stranger.” She paused then hesitantly looked at Bambam. “I guess I’ll see you at school.”

“Yeah,” Bambam nodded, a bit shyly.

“Okay,” Palisa breathed out, looking unsure. “Bye, then."

With that, she walked away. Bambam stared after her retreating figure. Without expecting it, Lisa pushed him at the back.

“W–Wait, Palisa!” Bambam called out.

Palisa stopped and looked over her shoulder.

“I’ll give you a ride home. If you want...”

Palisa stared at him for a moment.