Twenty-Two

Friday came and it was what all of them were waiting for.

The school was transformed. The school grounds were filled with booths wherever you look; Marriage booth, Cotton booth, Key-chain booth, etc.

A big stage was at the center of the quadrangle. But the biggest attraction of all was the roller coaster.

Jennie, Rosé, and Nayeon went to every booth in the school - except for the Marriage booth, of course.

Rosé and Nayeon then had an idea to force Jennie and Lisa to go to the Marriage booth. So they asked for the help of Jisoo, Jeongyeon, and Seulgi.

The plan was to separately lure them into strolling around the school. Then, when each of them passed the Marriage booth, make them go inside without any idea that they awee the ones who are supposed to marry each other.

The gang had done the job - so far. The only thing that went wrong was the timing. The girls were about to pass the Marriage booth when on exactly the same moment, the others stopped their tracks in front of the same booth.

The gang stopped and stared at each other.

"Oh, you're here, too?" Jisoo said in a falsely surprised voice. "What a strange coincidence! We even stopped at the Marriage booth."

"Don't push it," Seulgi whispered to Jisoo.

"Yes," Rosé breathed, playing along. "Why don't we go check it out?"

"Let's go, then!" Jisoo said enthusiastically. She turned to the others and said, "You coming, guys?"

Jeongyeon, Seulgi, Nayeon, and Jennie nodded as they followed.

Lisa looked suspicious, though.

Something's wrong, she thought. Jisoo's overreacting.

But she followed, anyways.

They entered inside the tent and was met by a wide spaced room with a red carpet that led to the altar. They were looking around when a voice spoke behind them.

"Ah! At last. You've finally arrived, Lalisa Manoban and Jennie Kim."

The gang turned toward the direction of the misty voice, and they saw a senior high school student that was clearly playing the role of a priest.

Jennie's mouth fell open. Lisa shot a glare at Jisoo.

They knew what was about happen. They knew that the gang plotted it. They knew that they were about to be married on this grand Marriage booth.

"Come, come, so we can start," the senior beamed.

Lisa cleared her throat. The senior looked at her expectantly.

"Don't we have the right to decide for ourselves if we wanted to be - to be..." Lisa trailed off, irritated of not being able to say the word.

"Married," the senior finished, nodding. "Of course, you can. But - as your sponsors already paid us, we have no choice but to do what we are paid to do. Because we cannot give back what has already been given."

"What sponsors?" Jennie asked distractedly.

"You're friends," the senior answered, pointing to the gang.

"Don't worry," Lisa said quickly. "You can keep whatever they gave you."

The senior shook his head. Jennie thought that he was playing his role well.

"That - we cannot do," the senior said seriously.

"Just do it, Lali," Jisoo told her, when Lisa opened her mouth to argue. "The marriage whatsoever is not real."