Thirty-One

Lisa drove fast.

It was like they were in a movie Jennie watched: Fast and Furious. They arrived at Seulgi's beach house at Jeju, twenty-eight minutes past midnight. The others warmly greeted them and helped carry their bags to their rooms.

They were at a huge blue beach house; while the inside was painted bright yellow. The furniture looked modern and yet homey. The living room had a fireplace that was only lit at night, when it got cold. The second floor consisted of eight bedrooms in total — including the master’s bedroom.

The gang didn't stay up to chat, though. They went straight to bed right after Lisa and Jennie arrived.

-
The next morning, Lisa woke up by loud talking in the room.

“...are you joking? She owns a Lamborghini Reventón! That is something that I cannot easily set aside!” Seulgi's voice hissed.

“I know,” Jisoo's voice replied calmly. “But it’s her birthday, Seul. Mention it after you wish her a happy birthday."

Lisa couldn't sleep anymore by the noise. Hence, she slowly opened her eyes and lifted her head.

“She's awake!” Jeongyeon announced excitedly.

“What the hell, guys?” Lisa mumbled sleepily, rubbing her eyes.

“Happy Birthday!” Jisoo, Seulgi and Jeongyeon exclaimed.

“Oh, that,” Lisa groaned, disappointed.

Jeongyeon frowned. “What do you mean by that?”

“It’s your birthday, dude!” Jisoo said, ruffling Lisa's tousled hair.

“It’s when there are cakes and babes!” Seulgi added.

“Seul, you’re the one who loves those,” Lisa countered. “Not me.”

“Right,” Seulgi nodded thoughtfully. “Because you already love something else. Or should I say, someone,” she added, grinning.

Lisa gave her a look. “Don’t start with me, Seulgi.”

Seulgi pulled up her hands by her chest defensively.

“Just lightening up the mood, man.”

Jisoo clapped her hands once.

“Okay, then!” she began. “Let’s go downstairs for breakfast, shall we? The girls are preparing the food."

"After that, let's go swim!” Jeongyeon declared, throwing a fist in the air.

“Yeah! We’ll see hot girls in bikinis!” Seulgi rejoiced, going after Jeongyeon who already headed downstairs.

Lisa sighed. This was why she hated her birthday. Everyone always treated her special even when she didn't want to be. A simple birthday was enough. Having a moment with her friends worth treasuring for was enough.

Jisoo smiled, sitting on the bed.

“Not to mention, you have to open your gifts.”

Lisa chuckled. “Why do you always do the things that I don’t want you to do?”

“Because, my dear friend, the things that you don’t like me to do are the things that makes you feel special,” Jisoo shrugged.

“Chu! Lali! Get your butts down here so we can all eat! Jeongyeon and I are starving! Have some mercy!” Seulgi complained, calling from the bottom of the stairs.

"Come on! Let’s eat already!” Jeongyeon pleaded.

Lisa and Jisoo laughed, starting to move. Jisoo went to where the others were, leaving Lisa to put casual clothes on. Eventually, Lisa followed to where everyone was at. The table in the dining area was filled with different kinds of food.