Chapter 5

•••

•••

She didn't know how much time she had spent crying on the bleachers. But one thing for sure, she had missed one class or two. Miyoung sighed. She felt drained off of her energy. And she didn't want to face her classmate after they had seen her crying and left. And she had no will to face Seojun yet. But she had no other choice but to go back to class.

Miyoung took out her phone from her pocket. She had countless texts and calls from Sua and Sujin. They were more than worried. Now Miyoung felt guilty to have caused them to fret. So she stood up and walked down the bleachers. Before going out of the gymnasium, Miyoung opened the camera app of her phone and looked at her face. She looked horrible. Her eyes were puffy and slightly red from crying. And she could hide it with makeup at her purse was in her bag that was in the classroom. Miyoung sighed and fixed her hair. She then left the gymnasium and went to the closest restroom, ignoring the stares and whispers of the students. The news of what happened at the cafeteria must have spread like a wildfire. Rumours always spread fast at Saebom high.

In the restroom, she splashed some water on her face. It wakened her up. She dried herself and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She looked less horrible.

Miyoung then left and headed to the classroom. She stopped a few meters away from the door of Class 2-5. She took a deep breath and gathered her remaining strength. She looked at her palms. There was still the mark of her nails on them.

Miyoung slapped both of her hands on her cheeks to waken her even more. She adjusted her grey skirt and walked to her classroom. As she was about to turn and enter the classroom, she gasped, surprised, as she stopped herself from colliding into the person.

She looked up and froze.

"Lee Suho," she mumbled.

"Gim Mi, you're back!" Sua exclaimed, relieved. As soon as the words escaped her mouth, the entire class turned toward her.

"Miyoung-ah, are you alright?" Jukyung asked, still worried.

"I gave that punk Seojun a threat," Sujin said. Talking about him, Miyoung noticed Seojun was missing. She wondered where he went.

"She actually almost beat him up," Taehoon said, glancing at Sujin, looking scared. Miyoung smiled at them. She was so grateful to have them by her side.

"I'm fine," Miyoung reassured them.

She was about to join them and sit at her desk when she felt a hand grabbing her forearm. She looked up. Lee Suho. He was looking at her, eyes blank and empty of feelings. They were just cold.

"Let's talk." he just said.

"Yah, Lee Suho, let her be," Sujin scolded. "She already had enough,"

"Can it wait?" she quietly asked, as if she was shy.

"Now," he said, more firmly.

Miyoung sighed but nodded. She reassuringly smiled to her friends, implying it was okay, and left with Suho, ignoring the whispers and the fuss ("What does he want?", "Do you think he wants to comfort her?", "Lee Suho kept surprising us today").