Chapter 51

Miyoung stared at him. She was frozen on her spot. Not because of the cold wind of December, but because the person she thought she would probably never see again stood before her. He hadn't changed. Not a lot at least. He was still as tall as she remembered, maybe a little taller. His face was perfectly sculpted, his features sharp and thin. His pale skin was contrasting with his obsidian hair that fell flawlessly on his forehead. And his dark eyes, piercing through her persona were still as mesmerizing as ever.

Lee Suho.

Lee Suho was back.

They stared at each other for what felt like hours. Miyoung found herself drowning in his beautiful gem-like eyes and lost in the sea of her thoughts. Memories of the past came back in a rush, flooding her mind. The moment he confessed, the moment he kissed her, the moments they spent together, the moment he left, and the moment he broke up with her.

Miyoung sucked into her breath. She was not over him, far from it. Two years had passed and he still had this effect on her. But could she say the same about him? He must have moved on since. He was not holding onto old memories like she was doing.

Lips pressed against one another, Miyoung mentally cursed as she felt the tears reaching her eyes. She thought she forgot. She hoped she had moved on. But she just busied herself with work so she could bury her feelings deep down. But now that the man she loved stood before her, everything came back in a rush.

So the Gim girl turned around and resumed walking down the stairs. She walked away.

Suho frowned at her sudden move. But then, he understood. He looked down as memories flooded his mind. The happy ones, and the not-so-happy ones. The breakup was still fresh on his mind and the cut it created was still wide open in his heart. The void he felt since he lost the girl he liked never left. But he could only blame himself. Yet, he still thought it was the right thing to do at the moment is. He had no idea when his father would recover. Therefore, he had no idea when he would be back in South Korea. It could take months. Or it could take years. Suho did not want Miyoung to wait for him or her to arrange her life around him. He did not want her to sacrifice a good career just so she could visit him. He did not want her to have regrets. He did not want her to miss opportunities when her acting career was flourishing and blossoming. In the situation they were in, Miyoung would be the one making more sacrifices. He did not want that for her.

So he broke up with her.

But it was not proof of his dying love. Far from that. It was actually an act of love. Suho had never ciezed to love Miyoung. Heck, during these past two years, his love for her had only been growing to an extent he could not describe. And now that he was back. He wanted to make things right again.

So Suho ran after Miyoung, and grabbed her hand, preventing her to walk any further.

Miyoung gasped at the sudden feel of his skin against hers and turned to face him. He was there, just in front of her. Closer. His face was the same as she remembered. But he seemed more... mature.

Again, she lost herself in the depth of his eyes. She insulted herself, hating the fact that he still have such a strong effect on her, such a stronghold on her heart who skipped a beat. The pumping sound of her blood resonated in her head as breathing suddenly became harder. The cold temperature of winter was now a far memory as heat suddenly rose in her body.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

Again, her heart skipped a beat. Hearing him only confirmed he was really there. He was not a dream. He was not an illusion. He was not a trick of her mind.

She hadn't heard his deep beautiful voice in such a long time. Until now. It still stirred the same old feelings in her. Heart racing, feeling of ease and peace... she was still so in love with him.