Chapter 18

•••

•••

Miyoung entered the gymnasium and walked up the stairs that led to the bleachers. The first quarter was already over. Miyoung cried a lot. The time for her to calm down, to wait for Manager Hwang and redo her makeup and ten minutes had already past. Manager Hwang was worried to see Miyoung's face being so sad and full of tear strains. But Miyoungassured her she was okay and that nothing had happened. By her sorrowful eyes and her smudged makeup, Somin knew she all but "okay". But the manager knew better than to press the subject. If she didn't want to talk about it, then Somin would give her the time to talk about it by herself.

The model spotted her friends cheering for the varsity team by the railing. Sua was dressed in a rabbit overall, Jukyung in a pig one and Sihyun in a bear one. Sujin was dressed in a red dress. Miyoung walked toward them. Sua was the first one to spot her. She gasped, eyes amazed, and covered her mouth with her hands when her eyes caught sight of Miyoung.

"Gim Mi, you are gorgeous!" she exclaimed, catching the attention of her friends. Miyoung slightly smiled even though she felt empty.

"Wow! Miyoung-ah, you are a goddess!" Jukyung said when she saw her friend.

"Is that your outfit for your performance? You are so stunning!" Sihyun complimented in awe.

"Not really. The staff gave me this outfit as a welcoming gift and since I was late for the festival, I didn't change before leaving," Miyoung explained. "I should have though. It would have prevented the stares,"

"Not a chance. Even in a trash bag, you would still be stunning," Sua cheerfully said. Miyoung chuckled and focused on the match.

Miyoung's heart shattered again when he eyes spotted Suho dribbling and shooting a three-points-shoot. His harsh words were playing non-stop in her head. Was he really being serious? Of course, he was. He wouldn't have said those things then. But then, Suho always had seemed genuinely kind with her. Was it really all a play? Was what people said about was all true? Was he a cold and insensitive prince? Did he change that much? Miyoung didn't want to believe this. But his words hurt her.

So she watched, gripping the railing hard, the match displaying before her. Miyoung watched, uninterested, unfazed, unbothered. She just watched without emotion, without feelings. She stared at Seojun scoring and students loudly cheering. She stared at Suho passing the ball to Taehoon who scored and students loudly cheering. She stared at the two aces of the team scoring again and again and again and students loudly cheering. Miyoung just stared, eyes blank, empty. She was a shell filled with void. No feeling, no emotion, nothing. Nothing but sadness.

Suho and Seojun met, it was a one and one. Seojun tried to pass Suho but when he couldn't, he went for a shoot. Suho blocked him. The ball bounced to Taehoon who passed the ball back to Suho who scored the victory point. Everyone cheered (except the one who supported Seojun's team). Miyoung clapped her hands, emotionlessly.