Chapter 32

•••

•••

Miyoung went out of the restroom. After leaving Seojun, she walked there to refresh herself and splash some water on her face. She was calmer now but her heart was still quite aching. Her eyes were still red from crying. She hoped to come back to the tent first so no one would notice her red eyes and ask questions. She was already embarrassed to have broken down in front of Seojun (Miyoung hated crying in front of people), she didn't want to confront anyone.

Miyoung walked among the white sheets that were hanging outside to dry. But as she was walking, a sheet moved.

And Suho appeared in front of her.

Miyoung looked at him a second. He was the last person she wanted to see.

"You said you weren't avoiding me," Suho said. "Did you cry?" he asked again, noticing her red eyes.

Miyoung looked away.

"Why? Was it because of Seojun?" Suho questioned. "Why would you cry because of him? ...Do you like him?"

Miyoung just stared at him. Why did Suho seemed so bothered? And how did he even know she was with Seojun? Did he saw them?

"Do you like Han Seojun?" Suho asked.

"And what if it's the case?" Miyoung shortly asked back.

She wasn't in the mood right now. She was hurt and she didn't want to talk to him. He couldn't just act all close with Sujin then come back to Myoung acting caring and kind then acting all bothered and jealous because she was with Seojun.

On the other hand, Suho tensed. He was taken aback by her words. What did she mean by that? Was she dating Seojun? Did he arrive too late? Suho's heart was breaking by this simple thought. Did he lose her again? Did Seojun win her heart again?

"Why do you care?" Miyoung then asked.

"Answer me," Suho demanded. He needed to know. He couldn't bear to be kept in a fog. He needed to know he really did lose her. He needed to know if he still had a chance.

Miyoung scoffed.

"Why is it so important to you? Why do want to know whom I like so much? Don't you already have someone else in your heart? Stop confusing me for goodness's sake!" Miyoung snapped.

"What are you talking about?" Suho frowned, confused.

"I'm talking about Sujinie. I saw you two on the stairs. And then she had your hat on. You two know each other for ten years. It was obvious you two would have ended up together...," Miyoung muttered the last part but Suho heard it well. "I was just an idiot to think I could have had a chance with you..."

Suho started at Miyoung, eyes wide. Did he hear right? Did she really say what he had heard?

Silence. There were no other sounds but the wind and the brushing leaves. Neither Suho nor Miyoung dared to talk.