Chapter 6

•••

•••

The next day, Miyoung was not late. She had taken the bus so it was a lot faster. Manager Hwang could drop her to school every day, but Miyoung wanted to feel like a normal teenager. She knew she wasn't one anymore, but she liked to at least feel like one. It gave her the impression she had a little control over her life, that she could decide to do whatever she wanted to do.

She passed the school gate and frowned a little, surprised, by the scene that was displayed in front of her. Jukyung gave a piece of paper, probably a letter, to Seojun. She put in in his blazer pocket and quickly left, more like ran away. Seojun's friends were teasing him about Jukyung confessing her feelings in a love letter, but by the face Seojun was making, it was surely not. He seemed mad.

Miyoung decided to not stay to much near him. What happened the day before was enough for her. So she sped up towards the building, gead low, and passed by them. She left as fast as Jukyung.

Her bag hanging over her shoulder, Miyoung entered the class. She was then almost instantly crowded by maybe all the girls of the class, minus Sujin, Jukyung and Sua. Miyoung was confused and couldn't make what they were saying as they were all talking at the same time. She felt a bit overwhelmed and uncomfortable.

"Yah! You're making her uncomfortable!" Sua exclaimed walking through the crowd with Sujin.

"Let her breath, will you?" Sujin said in an intimidating voice.

"Thanks," Miyoung gratefully told her friends as she went to sit next to Jukyung after greeting her.

"What was that about?" Miyoun asked.

"The news dropped," Jukyung smiled. "You're the new muse of IOPE cosmetics."

"Oh, I see," Miyoung giggled, understanding all the fuss.

Indeed, the evening before, IOPE made an announcement saying that Gim Miyoung, the young famous model, was now the new muse of the brand. It was taken well by the general public even though some people still founded mean things to say. But Miyoung only kept the positive thing in mind, at least it was what she was trying to do.

Soon after, Taehoon arrived, doing cute gestures to his girlfriend who was totally in love. Sujin was looking at them, cringing. Miyoung took this as an opportunity to ask Jukyung about what happened earlier with Seojun.

"Hey, Im Ju," Miyoung called. Jukyung smiled at the nickname. It had been only three days that they knew each other, but the two girls grew close. It was like they had known each other for years. "Is everything alright with Seojun? He seemed mad."

"Ah... I'm so dead now!" She complained, covering her face. She seemed more than scared. It worried Miyoung as she wondered what happened between them. It couldn't be that bad, right? "We met days ago. He almost crash into me with his motorbike."