Chapter 45

Miyoung ran away from Saebom as fast as she could. She crossed the street and took the first bus she saw, not caring if it was the one that would bring her home. She wanted to leave. She wanted to be as far away of the school as possible.

She sat at the very back of the transport, away of any being. Tears were silently falling along her face. She tried hard to not sob so no one would notice her. What she wanted was to be invisie. She wanted to not be seen. She wanted to disappear. She wanted to be forgotten.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket. Suho was calling her. Miyoung let it rang.

How did that happen? Who uploaded that post on the school community? And why? Why exposing her past life? Why breaking her privacy like that? Why exposing her secrets? Why exposing her traumas? Traumas that she fought hard to overcome. It was still hard for her to deal with her past, to deal with her father.

So who was so vile and mean to expose all of that? To expose her vulnerability? Who could be so cruel?

Miyoung tried so hard all her life to be seen as a normal girl. As far as she could remember, she never talked about her family life to her friends since elementary school. She talked about how much she loved her mother. But that was it. No one never knew about her abusive father. She never talked about it and just pretended everything was okay. That must be why people started to speculate about her life. To them, pretty face equal rich girl. Miyoung never confirmed or denied. Because she would have to lie or to tell people the truth. So she just kept quiet and pretended to be normal.

The buildings and shops were passing like a blurr. Miyoung didn't if it was because of the bus speed or because she wasn't paying attention. It wasn't because of the tears though. She no tears left to cry. The Gim girl didn't even know how long she stay sat in that bus or how much kilometres she travelled. But it must be a lot since she arrived at a part of the city she never came back for years. She recognised the neighborhood.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket. Suho was calling her again. Miyoung let it rang.

Miyoung stood up and went out of the vehicle. It had been years she hadn't set a foot there. Miyoung walked. It hadn't changed a bit. The suburb was still calm and empty. The old looking houses was still up. The grocery store was still at the main intersection. The park was still used by children. It was different from the business of the city. It was calm and peaceful. It seemed cozy and comfortable. But it never was to Miyoung. To Miyoung, it was hell.

The Gim girl walked up an alley and stopped. She stood still, frozen, as her empty eyes stared at a house. Miyoung didn't came back since middle school. After she moved out with he mother, Miyoung never looked back. She remembered crystal clear the day the was free of this nightmare.

Miyoung was sat on the couch, watching a cartoon. She came back from middle school about an hour ago. She just finished her homework. As usual, math was trouble some but she managed to defeat the final boss. So now, she got to relax in front of the TV. But you never got to relax much in this house.

Mr. Moon stumbled into the living room. He made his way to the kitchen area and took a bottle of soju. Miyoung rolled her eyes and stopped herself from making any remarks. The day before, he came back drunk. He didn't even get rid of his hangover that he was already drinking again. He said he would be looking for another job but Miyoung knew he had slept all the day.

"Where's your mom?" Mr. Moon asked with a rough voice.

"Out," Miyoung shortly said..

"Where?"

"Out," Miyoung repeated.

Mr. Moon slammed the bottle of soju on the table. Miyoung looked st him with annoyed and cold eyes.