Chapter 33

•••

•••

Back to school. The teachers and second-year students went back to Seoul the day before. Even though Miyoung wanted to sit next to Suho, she still chose to sit next to Jukyung. Miyoung didn't want their relationship to be known. She knew too well students of every grade would observe their every move, spread rumors, or watch them as if they were some real-life sitcom. That was why Miyoung wanted their relationship to be secret.

Miyoung was talking with Sua, Jukyung, and Sujin. Soon she would be shooting for another set of photos. This time it wasn't for IOPE but for a brand of clothes. Miyoung had decided to go back to modeling little by little.

As Miyoung was talking to her friends, Suho walked past her and place a bottle of strawberry juice on her table. Miyoung softly smiled and looked back at him. He sat at his desk and discreetly smiled at her. Miyoung opened her bottle of juice and had to gather a lot of energy to not smile too much.

"Wow, what was that?" Sua asked, surprised yet excited.

"What was what?" Miyoung asked back, sipping in the strawberry juice.

She met Jukyung's eyes. She was trying hard to not scream in joy. It seemed like Jukyung had guessed what was the "that" Sua asked.

"Why Suho gave you a bottle of juice? He never did that before!" Sua beamed.

"Can't a friend offer things to another friend?" Miyoung asked again, nonchalantly.

"It's sketchy!" Sua exclaimed.

"Well, Suho had always been like that with Gim Mi," Jukyung stepped in. Miyoung discreetly smiled at her friend, grateful.

"Oh, yeah, right," Sua realized.

During lunch, Sua asked Sujin, Miyoung, and Jukyung to hang out in a dry sauna this weekend. Jukyung wasn't really thrilled by the idea. If she goes to a dry sauna, she had to go bare face. Miyoung assumed the Im girl was still not ready to tell her other friends. So Miyoung lied saying she hated the heat. Jukyung did a finger heart to Miyoung who smiled in return.

Then, an unexpected thing happened. Well, unexpected to the other students of Seabom high. Not unexpected at all for Miyoung.

Suho sat next to Miyoung at lunch. Soon after, students started to whisper quite loudly their stupefaction to see Suho eating with someone. Suho always ate alone. People, mostly girls, we're starting to speculate about why Suho was eating with Miyoung. Rumors were already starting to spread and the day wasn't even done yet. Miyoung's life would never be as calm as she would have hoped. She proceeded to eat in silence and quite uncomfortable. Miyoung wanted more than anyone else to eat with Suho. But she could feel the stares of the students on her back. She felt like a freak in a fare. She felt like at the tiniest mistake, she would be thrown under a bus.

Luckily, her phone buzzed in her pocket. She took it and looked relieved at the ID.

"Sorry, I have to take that call," Miyoung stood and picked up the call as she left the cafeteria. "You don't know what a good timing it is, Somin,"