Chapter 16: To Gain One's Love...

"Princess?" Daniel lightly shakes me awake.

"Hmmmm?"

"Baby? I made you some breakfast."

That got my attention and I bolted upright causing him to let out a small chuckle.

“Come downstairs and eat with me. I have to go to work for a little bit today, but I’ll be back soon.”

I take another bite of my French toast that is topped with fresh grapefruit. Daniel cringes.

“Wuutt?” I ask with my mouth full.

“I realize it’s probably a pregnancy craving but, that’s just gross.” He says while raising an eyebrow as I swallow.

“Hey! What did I say about messing with a pregnant woman’s cravings?” I ask, playfully.

He laughs. “You basically told me to back the fuck off.” He explains.

“That’s right. I did ‘basically’ tell you to back the fuck off, Mr. Alpha man” He laughs harder.

“Mr. Alpha man, Huh? I like the sound of that.”

We fall into a comfortable silence.

“Would you like me to clean today?” I ask him, remembering how I was only let out of my cell to go to bathroom and to clean the rooms of the men that held me captive.

Daniel’s carefree face falls.

“Why would you clean?”

“Uhh. I… umm…I” I stammer. I shouldn’t have asked. I should have just done it. But I must not do anything without his permission.

He will not hurt us. He’s our mate. He loves us. My wolf tells me.

“Princess, please answer me.”

“To gain love, one must do things for the other, such as cooking, cleaning or manual labor, requested by the other.” I explain.

“Who told you that, baby?” Daniel whispers through clenched teeth.

“Jared.” I say quietly.

“Was he one of the men that kept you imprisoned?”

“Yes.” it’s only a whisper.

“I’ll be back soon.” He says angrily. And I watch him run out the door, stripping as he goes, then shifting when he reaches the woods.

I did my best with the insane writers block I was having.

Again,

Comment- I read all the comments. I am going to start thanking some people personally for the nice comments on the latest chapters.

Thank you Packer25 for the kind comment

What state are you guys from? (Comment the answer)

Vote

And as always,

Make someone smile today.