Chapter Eleven: Forever and Always

Daniels Perspective

Watching her knees buckle underneath her and her eyes rollback into her head was like my worst nightmare come true. Right after I caught her in my arms, I mind linked the pack doctor and brought her to the hospital. Now, I am clutching onto her hand for dear life waiting for the doctor to tell me some news. And let me tell you, he's taking his sweet time. I growl lowly.

Ten minutes later, Doctor Meyer comes in.

"Well Alpha, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that there is nothing wrong with her... Physically. The bad news is, she seems to have fainted from lack of oxygen or based on the information you have given me, an extreme panic attack. Currently, she is in a coma. It seems that her body attempted to shut down."

I thought it could be something like that, but to hear it from a professional makes it so much harder to take.

"What does that mean exactly?" I ask.

"It basically means that she couldn't handle the emotions her body was feeling."

"I realize that. But, when will she wake up?" I question, almost hysterically.

"She hasn't woken up yet because her brain needs to heal itself by dealing with whatever she was thinking at the moment of her black out. She and her wolf have a lot of work to do." He says, sadly. "May I speak as one friend to another?" He asks.

I simply nod.

"She needs help. I think you are the only one that can is capable of helping her."

I nod again, standing up and shaking his hand and thanking him. As Doctor Meyer walks out the door, he pokes his head back around the corner of the room, and says. "Oh and... Congratulations on the baby."

I just smile in return.

I have so many questions for Carina. Why did she black out? What was she thinking when she did? What can I do to help? When will she wake up?

"Sweetheart? Please come back to me." A tear slips down my cheek as I fall asleep.

Carina's Perspective

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

My eyes slowly creep open to see a white room with medical equipment next to the bed. A hospital? Why am I in a hospital?It all comes flooding back to me. The pregnancy!

I'm pregnant!

But, who's the father?! The beeps are coming fast now. Daniel is asleep with his head next to my waist on the bed. I weakly pick my had up and push my fingers through his hair. Daniel's head snaps up so fast that I'm surprised he doesn't get whip lash.

"Carina? How are you feeling?"

"Umm. I'm ok. I'm just confused." I reply, my voice raspy.

"You need to tell me why you panicked, baby. Please... I love you. No matter what you tell me won't change that." He reassures.

I take a deep breath.

"As you know, when I was held prisoner, the men would accidentally get me pregnant and make me lose the baby. I guess I was just scared that I would lose the baby. And now I have someone that loves me and will care for me... And this baby." I say. Holding back some information.

He can tell that I'm hiding something.

"What are you not telling me, baby? Please. Talk to me." He says with an exasperated look in his eyes.

I put my face in my hands, hiding from him and ever so quietly whisper

"I'm not sure the baby is your's."

I can't see his facial expression but I assume he's mad at me. But instead, when I lift my head and look at his face, it holds compassion.

"Sweetheart, this baby isn't mine... It's ours." He caresses my stomach. "But, even if this baby turns out not to be biologically mine, it still will be. Because I will be here with you, raising this child as my own."

He puts the hand not holding my stomach onto my cheek wiping away tears of happiness that I didn't even know were falling.

"I love you" I say.

"I love you too... Forever and always." he replies.

"Forever and always." I repeat.