Chapter Two: A Flicker of Hope

{picture of Carina above, just imagine her younger}

I awake from my sleep by the loud bang of my cell door being slammed open. I slowly open my eyes to see Jared, the alpha's son, he's a tall man in his early thirties. I hate him the most.

"Ooo. Looky here. The WHORE is still locked up! Good thing too, I need to blow off some steam." he says with a smirk.

"Don't you dare touch me" I say quietly.

"Like you could do anything to stop me!" Jared stalks further into my cell and crouches in front of me. While staring into my eyes, he grabs my breasts and squeezes them as hard as he can. A tear slips out the corner of my left eye as I bite my tongue to keep from screaming. He tears off my clothes and reaches for the most sensitive part of my body. I can't take it anymore. I head butt him as he tries to kiss me. He yelps out in surprise.

"YOU BITCH!" Jared screams at the top of his lungs. He lunges for me and grabs me, causing the cuffs around my wrists to bite into my skin. The evil man picks me up only to throw me onto the hard floor of my cell. My head bounces off the cement and my vision blurs as the pain erupts. He starts kicking my stomach, over and over again, like the men would a couple years ago, when one of them would get me pregnant from raping me. They would kick me until I lost the baby. I probably can't have children anymore. I haven't conceived since the last pregnancy, two or so years ago.

He finishes kicking me only to start punching me all over. Wherever he feels like hurting me, he does. I feel blood pouring out from my head and various places all over my body. He kicks me in the head and I black out.

I wake up to the sound of my cell door cracking open and I immediately know what Jared did after I fell unconscious, the soreness between my legs tells me. A familiar head peaks in. He gasps and runs over to me.

All I can muster is a breathy "William". It comes out as a desperate plea. I look down at my blood covered naked body and try to move to cover myself up, but the pain is too much and tears escape my eyes.

"Shh. Don't move, Carina. Stay still." He says as he takes off his white shirt and puts it on me. Immediately, blood soaks through and stains it.

"I have to get you out of here. Right now. I have been planning this for weeks. They are all off the territory. You are going to be free." He whispers with a tiny smile and I return the smile with my own. William grabs some keys and unlocks the cuffs from my ankles and wrists. He picks me up bridal style and walks out the door. The one guard that was supposed to be on duty, lies on the ground dead.

It is then that I see the first Rays of sunshine that I have seen in more than six years. I smile, really smile.

William carries me off the territory and I feel free. Then I hear screams and gunshots as I feel something penetrate my chest. I realize the screams had come from me.