Chapter Six: Memories

Daniel's perspective
(This is a sad chapter. Just a heads up.)

I awake to Carina talking in her sleep next to me.

"Please don't touch me. Don't! Please stop! Don't rape me again! You already got me pregnant and made me lose the baby! Is that not enough?!" She screams in her sleep.

All the air leaves my body as my face turn ghostly white.

THEY RAPED HER, GOT HER PREGNANT, AND MADE HER LOSE THE BABY?! My wolf screams. I feel bile rising in my throat.

"Please! Get off me! Don't do this! Stop hurting me!" She yells. Still asleep.

I can't take this anymore. I lean over her and shake her gently awake.

"Carina? Baby? Please wake up. Sweetheart." I coo quietly.

Her eyes snap open and she screams.

"Get away from me. Don't touch me" she jumps out of bed obviously in a ton of pain. Then she realizes what's happening and she collapses. Right as she is going to hit the ground I catch her. Setting her on my lap, I whisper sweet nothings into her ear as she sobs loudly into the crook of my neck. She slowly falls asleep again. I tuck her back into bed. And I fall asleep next to her.

Again, I wake up to her talking in her sleep. At least it's morning now.

"Stop hitting me. What do you want from me? What did I do? Stop! I can't breathe! I can't breathe!" She says in her sleep.

I can't listen to this and again, I shake her awake. This time she just screams. And thrashes around, trying to escape my grasp. I let go immediately. She doesn't jump out of bed this times which I am grateful for.

She starts crying again, and looks embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry, Daniel. I can sleep in a different room so I don't wake you up next time" she says.

"That won't be necessarily. You can wake me up as much as you want. I'm not going to change our sleeping arrangements. You belong right next to me." I say, my Alpha side coming out.

She smiles but her eyes are sad. I pull her body next to mine and nuzzle her neck. She quickly falls asleep and I soon follow.

"Stop. Stop. Please stop." Carina's panicked voice wakes me. She's having another nightmare.

"Don't make me lose the baby!" She yells in her sleep.

"Stop kicking my pup. Stop kicking me." she screamed. Sobbing in her sleep.

I stand up and walk to her side of the bed and kneel down next to her with tears in my eyes.

"Carina, baby, please wake up. I'm not going to hurt you"

She's startled awake, gasping for air. Pain evident on her face.

"Baby, do you want to talk about it?" I ask her.

"I guess. You'll find out sometime anyway. Might as well tell you now." She says. And takes a deep breath.

"As you know, they took me when I was 12 years old. What you don't know is that I was continuously raped, molested, and beaten. I got pregnant a couple times. The men could smell it on me. And if I was pregnant that meant I wouldn't be able to be their play toy so, every time they would make me lose the baby by kicking me over and over in the lower abdomen until blood pooled in between my legs signaling that I had lost the pup."
She explains with a sad face and embarrassment?

All the blood drained from my face and bile raised in my throat.

"Everyday a different man would come into my cell and depending on his mood, would either beat me, molest me or rape me. I would get a meal once a week and water twice a week. Their beatings usually made me throw up the only meal I got and they loved that."

It was worse than I thought. My baby. They hurt my sweetheart!

Revenge my wolf said.