Chapter Three: Him

All the sudden I am dropped to the ground. I look up and see a extremely hurt William on the ground next to me, we are face to face. He looks into my eyes with sorrow and I can see his apology through in his face. Slowly I reach up and cup his cheek to tell him that it's okay. With gentle fingers I stroke his cheek and watch with sadness as the life leaves his eyes and he take his last breath. My friend. My protector. My savior is gone. With all the energy I can muster I turn over to see what's happening.

People are being shot and killed. The men that have abused me all these years are slowly falling back into the center of their territory with defeated looks on their faces as a pack invades.

I look down at my bruised body to see a hole in my chest and blood oozing from it. I am bleeding to death. This is where I will die. And I'm okay with that. I would like to die right now. It would save me sadness and hurt later.

For the first time in six years my wolf, River talks to me.

Come on, Girl. Keep fighting! We are almost there! She yells at me.

I can't, River. I'm done. My eyes start to close.

No!!! Come on! Oh my gosh. He's here!! MATE!!!

I feel my heart quicken at the sight of a big black wolf. Then my heartbeat fades and is gone completely.