Chapter 19: Reconnecting

Once we are ready, we go downstairs to the family room. But I stop when I see a women and a man looking to be in their forties, as well as a boy looking to be a couple years older than me and finally a girl that looked a few years younger than me waiting nervously.

All the air is knocked out of my body when realization hits.

"Mommy?! Daddy?!"

My knees buckle, the only thing keeping me standing is Daniel's arm around me. This isn't real. It can't be. I haven't seen my mommy and daddy in years.

"Mommy! Daddy!"

I leave warmth of Daniel's arms and bolt into my mom and dad's arms. They both start crying.

"I love you, sweetheart. We missed you so much." My dad says.

"My baby girl. I love you. I love you." My mom repeats over and over again while sniffling.

I slowly look up at my big brother.

"Jackson!" I rush into his arms and snuggling into his chest.

"I can't believe you're here. My Baby sis." He murmurs.

"Oh Jackson. I love you."

"I love you too, Baby sis. I never stopping looking for you. Not ever. The day you went missing, i tracked your scent, but it disappeared. I have been searching for you ever since."

I wipe away a tear that is sliding down his cheek.

"I'm here now. Everything is okay." I tell him.

Over his shoulder, I see my little sister softly crying.

"Mary." I pull away from Jackson and step towards her.

"You are so grown up. Look how tall you are!" I tell her.

"I missed you so much, Carina. My big sister. Where Have You Been!?" She yells at me, bringing my family to reality.

"Where HAVE you been" My dad asks me.

"It's kind of a long story." I say, slightly panicking. I can't tell them the whole story, it'll just make them angry and they can't change the past. I don't want to tell them either.

Daniel obviously feeling my distress through our mate bond, comes over to my side and wraps his arm around me, kissing my temple and instantly relaxing me.

"How about drinks? Anyone one thirsty?" Daniel asks my family, changing the subject.

"We would love some drinks. Thank you Daniel." My mom says. Then glares at my dad and sister, effectively shutting them up. We all walk into the kitchen and my mom sits next to me.

"I don't know what to talk about first. I've missed my little girl so much. Every day that you were missing, I would pray to the moon goddess to bring you home to me. It has been six years. Even so, you are here now and I couldn't be more grateful to have my little girl back." She finishes with tears streaming down her face.

I pull her into a hug and squeeze her tight like we would when I was little and even years later she still remembers and squeezes me tight in response. Then I squeeze tight again, twice this time and she responds with two squeezes too.

I pull away and say what we would always say after she would tuck me into bed.

"I love you"

"I love you more." She responds.

"I love you most."

"I love you mostest."

"I love you mosterostes." I tell her and we laugh together.

My dad comes up to me and asks if we can go for a walk. I nod.

We walk in a sweet silence through the grass, my arm hooked through his.

"I thought had lost you, Carina." He says with tear in his eyes.

"Daddy" I whisper trying to stop him. My own eyes welling up with tears.

"No. I have to get this out." He says. And I nod." Every day. Every single day. I would go into your bedroom and cry. I would beg the moon goddess to bring you back. I wanted my baby girl home and safe. Each morning, I would walk into the kitchen expecting to see your smiling face waiting to wave me off to work. Every night when I came home, I would wish to see you standing by the front door to give me a hug. Your brother and sister were the same too. They woke up every day thinking you would be there to play with them. But you weren't. I'm so sorry that you were taken. For the longest time, we thought you were dead. But here you are alive. I'm so happy. My baby girl is ok!" He finishing with a smile on his face.

"I love you, Daddy."

"I love you too, Baby girl."

Hey guys! Here you go. Another chapter. She reconnects with her family! Yay!

Answers to your questions. I am a girl. Yes I'm a virgin.

COMMENT
VOTE

Do you guys think I'm single?

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU GUYS COMMENT! I READ EVERY SINGLE COMMENT!

LOVE YA'LL

MAKE SOMEONE SMILE TODAY

-M

SORRY FOR ANY MISTAKES/ERRORS