Chapter 14: Banishment

"Why aren't you at the little party, Bitch?" She asked me.

"I could ask you the same thing"

An evil chuckle vibrates through her.

"You see, Bitch, Daniel is mine. He's always been mine and he will always be mine."

My wolf growls in return and she visibly cringes back, but regains composure quickly.

"You Slut! That baby probably isn't even his. I bet you've slept with so many guys that you don't even know who the father is." She yells at me.

That comment shocked me. I quickly feel my anxiety coming back like a tidal wave and I start to panic. Is that what the pack thinks? That I am a slut?

She starts advancing on me with the knife raised.

"I will end you!" She screams in my face and slaps me, hard.

Which causes my head whips back from the impact. My body goes rigid as memories of being beaten flood my mind.

She leans towards me, lifting the knife towards my face.

"Hmm. Oh, I Know! If i mess your face up enough, Daniel won't be attracted to you anymore." She giggles with glee from her "amazing" idea.

She brings her hand holding the knife, up to my cheek, and presses it into my skin. I bite back a scream as i feel the silver burning my flesh, but I won't give her the satisfaction of knowing that i am in pain.

A thunderous growl roars through the woods.

"Get away from my mate, Stephanie. NOW!" Daniel shouts.

"Danny Baby! So nice of you to join us. I've missed you. I was just finishing off this slut before you get too attached to her." Stephanie explains with an innocent smile.

"DO NOT SPEAK OF YOUR LUNA LIKE THAT!" He shouts.

"She is no Luna of mine." She says and reaches up to slit my throat. Before she can get that far, Daniel shifts and charges at Stephanie. Grabbing her arm with his teeth, he drags her away and pins her against a tree, growling in her face. But then, he unexpectedly shifts back into human form.

"Stephanie, you are hereby banished from the Silver Lake Pack. I expact you to be packed up and off my territory by an hour." He says in his Alpha voice.

She whimpers, but lowers her head in compliance.

Daniel drops her and rushes over to my side.

"Carina? Baby? Are you okay?" I don't respond. My body is still rigid. I am on autopilot, just like i was for the six years i was held captive.

"Baby, please. Talk to me" He pleads.

I still don't respond, i can't respond.

Daniel knows what is happening. He saw me this way when we first met. Carefully, he reaches out to hold my hand and my muscles tense even more. His eyes fill with saddness.

"Let's go home." He says.

And he leads the way home, with me in tow.