New Student

No one POV

"Alright everyone, quiet down," Mr. Aizawa states as the group of students stop talking and turn their attention to him, "before we get into today's schedule there is an announcement for your class... a new student is starting today."

The class erupts into whispers, "I thought you couldn't join the hero course late," says Uraraka to Iida.

"How could they enroll if they didn't take the entrance exam?" asks Sero.

"Not fair! They didn't have to take a test?!" Mina exclaims.

Everyone starts talking over each other and while the noise in the classroom rose so did Mr. Aizawa's temper. Before he could say anything to quiet the class down, the door slides open.

Emi POV

I lean on the wall next to the giant door leading to the 1-A classroom.

What is taking so long?

I hear loud chatter from the classroom and could tell it wasn't coming from that old guy, the voices were too high pitched.

I wait a bit longer but their conversations keep going and no one is calling me in.

Ok this is a waste of time

I open the door and walk into the class. Their conversations immediately stop as I stand next to the teacher.

"I'm Emi. Nice to meet you all," I announce monotoned while glancing around the class. I see an empty seat in the corner behind a girl with a large ponytail. As I make my way to the desk I can feel everyone's eyes follow me.

"Ahem," coughs the teacher. Everyone turns their head back to face him. He begins to explain what kind of training and lessons we will be doing today, but I lose interest and stop listening after a few seconds.

-----

As I continue to zone out everyone starts to head out of the classroom.

"Hi, I'm Momo Yaoyorozu," ponytail girl introduces herself cheerfully as she stands in front of my desk smiling.

I snap out of my daydream and glance up at her.

"Hey," I reply uninterested.

"So... are you coming?" she asks me kindly.

"Oh, uh, yeah... where are we going though?" I ask as I get up from my seat.

She chuckles lightly, "we have hero training with All Might now, weren't you paying attention?"

"Of course, I guess I have the first day jitters or something," I lie, laughing a bit to try and seem normal.

"It's all right, I'll be here if you need any help. Now let's hurry to the locker room," she says as we exit the classroom.

"Thanks," I reply, following her down the hall.

I really have to get used to this school thing

-----

I walk towards the training ground later than everyone since I had to wait to get a gym uniform from the teachers. Truthfully, I was in no rush and showed up during the middle of class.

I saw a group of my classmates sitting and watching a training session on a large screen attached to the wall. Making my way over to them, I lay down on the ground, looking up at the sky, not interested in the training exercise.

"Hey, you said your name was... Emi right?" asks a yellow-haired boy standing over me.

I look at him and sit up, "that's right. So what's your name?"