Time To Shine

Emi POV

Full of relaxation and sleep, the weekend flew by and, soon enough, it was test day.

Stepping off the bus at the testing center, I yawn and stretch my arms in the air, "Alright... let's get this thing over with."

"You seem as laid back as ever, Emi," Uraraka giggles.

"Well, yeah. To be honest, I'm not too excited about this... it'll probably be boring since we're only going up against students," I sigh disappointedly.

"Don't get so cocky, Emi," Mr. Aizawa comments from behind me, walking towards the front of our class, "these students are just as capable as you so the more you look down on them, the more trouble you'll find yourself getting into."

Really? If he wants me to go all out on some kids then be my guest. I'll show him how far ahead I really am.

Mr. Aizawa turns around to face our class, "if you can pass this test and get your provisional licenses, then you novice eggs will hatch into chicks. You'll be semi-pros. I expect your best."

After his last sentence, he locks eyes with me as if to say 'you too.' Sighing out loud, I grab my costume case and head towards the testing center.

Passing Mr. Aizawa, I say, "don't worry, Teach, I won't let you down."

---

After changing into our hero costumes, my class and I make our way towards a large room where all the students are supposed to meet. As everyone enters we gawk at the huge crowd.

Holy shit... there are so many people here!

A loud static sound draws our attention to the front of the room where a tired-looking man leans over a podium.

"I'll now begin orientation," he groans into the mic, "the first 100 students to fulfill the requirements will pass today. The examinee will put three of these targets on his or her body. They can go anywhere you want as long as it's an exposed area. So no soles of the feet or armpits."

He presents the targets which are small metal circles with an adhesive on the back of them.

It'll be best to place the targets where I'll be able to easily defend, so... one on the front side of my left shoulder, another on the outer side of my left thigh, and the last on the right side of my torso should do it.

"Each of you will also have six of these balls," he explains further, holding up a baseball-sized orange ball, "the targets are programmed to light up whenever they've been touched by the balls. If all three targets light up, you're out. Oh, and the person who lights up your third will get credit for your defeat. You get through this round by taking down two people. Got it? Good."

Sounds simple enough. It comes off as some sort of game, like tag, but the concept is closer to that of a fight. Defend yourself while simultaneously taking down your opponents.

Workers begin to pass out the targets and balls for the exam while the room starts to shake. The walls and ceiling begin to dissociate from one another allowing the room to fold open, revealing the testing arena.

Wow, there are so many different landscapes within this stadium! There are mountains, a city, and even a lake! This place is huge!

"I'm sure each of you have different terrains that you like or want to avoid. Use your quirks well and do your best. Or not. Whatever," the tired man finally finishes.

We were given about five minutes to place the targets on ourselves and get settled within the arena.

Guess I'll head towards the mountain terrain area. It'll be easy to pinpoint people using the earth's vibrations. Now to slip away from my classmates...