Studying?

The rest of the day consisted of Math, English, and another subject that I slept through... something about hero laws I think. The sound of the last bell woke me up and I headed out of the school.

"Hey! New girl!" I heard someone yell behind me. I turn to see the angry guy I beat in training.

"What's up?" I ask as I turn back around and continue walking as he quickly makes his way to me.

"Don't expect to beat me again... YOU GOT THAT?!" he yelled in my ear.

I flinch at the loud noise, "Damn are you trying to make me deaf?"

"Hey don't be so rude, Bakugou!" says Kirishima as he runs and grabs his friend's shoulder, pulling him back a bit.

"I'm sorry about him. His people skills aren't that good," he says as he smiles apologetically.

"You don't say," I reply, laughing a little.

"So we're going to go grab something to eat, you wanna come?" asks Kirishima as he puts his arm around Bakugou.

"Yeah! Join us!" Kaminari chimes in as he catches up to Kirishima.

"Why are you inviting this idiot?" Bakugou glares at me.

I look at all of them, examining their facial expression.

They seem nice, but I'm not taking my chances.

"Sorry but I should head home," I answer.

"Oh that's alright, it was kinda short notice anyways," says Kirishima kindly, "well, we'll see you tomorrow! Bye, Emi!"

I wave goodbye to them as I leave the school grounds.

-----

"Honey, I'm home," I say sarcastically as I walk into my condo.

I take off my shoes and walk into my living room. I toss my bag onto the counter and fall onto the couch exhausted.

All this talking and smiling has me worn out...

"How was school, Kid?" I heard a man ask me.

"AH!" I scream and jump up from the couch to see Xander walking out of the bathroom.

"What the hell, man, you almost gave me a heart attack... and what are doing in my house?" I ask as I sit back down.

"Well, technically, this is my condo so..." he replies as he walks into the kitchen, helping himself to the fridge.

"Oh shut up, we both know you have your own place that's a lot better than here."

"Maybe I just wanted to check up on you... Jesus, what the hell do you eat? This thing is practically empty," he complains as he closes the fridge.

I sigh and walk into the kitchen, grabbing two apples off the counter and tossing one to him.

"So what do you want?" I ask him curiously.

He never shows up just to check on me, he either wants something or is keeping a low profile and hiding out here.

"I'm hurt, can't I see you without any ulterior motives, like a proper guardian?" he asks as he dramatically puts his hand on his chest.

I raise an eyebrow at him and stare at him deadpan.

"Seriously! I just want to see how your first day went!" he exclaims, bitting into his apple.

I sigh, "so in other words you want to make sure I behaved properly. No need to worry I didn't hurt anyone or start any unnecessary fights so relax."