Snooping 101

Happily walking down the hospital halls towards Midoriya's room, I see most of my classmates leaving his room. I wave and open my mouth to greet them but stop when I notice their worried facial expression.

Oh no... did something else happen to Midoriya? I heard his condition was stable from the others yesterday, did something happen?

Tsu and Mina notice me first as I walk up to the group.

"Oh. Hey, Emi," Mina says, trying to sound cheerful.

"Hey, Mina. Why does everyone look so worried? Is Midoriya alright?" I ask her and look around at everyone else.

"Huh? Yeah, Midoriya is fine, but well..." she starts.

"Nothing," Todoroki interrupts her, "we're just upset that our friends are in the hospital."

"Oh... ok," I respond.

One of the many things I picked up from Xander is being able to tell when someone is lying, and Todoroki is definitely not telling me the truth.

The rest of the class looks at him oddly but stays quiet. Kirishima is the last one to leave Midoriya's room and walks up to us, noticing me.

"Hey, Emi! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be resting?" he asks as he stops in front of me.

Everyone else begins to walk away, except Todoroki.

"I stayed in bed all day yesterday, so I'm fine now," I answer.

"That's good," Kirishima says, "really good actually. You are probably one of the only ones who would understand. Look, we're planning-"

Todoroki quickly puts his hand on Kirishima's shoulder and shakes his head. The redhead furrows his eyebrows and looks at him confused.

"She could help, and I bet she would want to as well!" Kirishima exclaims.

"No, it's too risky," Todoroki glances at me.

"Help with what?" I ask a bit confused.

Kirishima opens his mouth to respond, but Todoroki shoots him a glare. The two stare at each other for a few seconds before Kirishima sighs and pushes Todoroki's hand off his shoulder.

"Fine... I don't know you're being so protective but you should at least let her know. She has a right to know," he says while walking away, leaving me and Todoroki alone.

Still confused, I raise an eyebrow at Todoroki. Turning his attention to me, he studies my face for a few seconds before lightly shaking his head and walking away.

What the hell is going on?

Todoroki POV

As Kirishima walks away from me and Emi, I feel a sting of guilt from trying to keep our plan from her. Turning back to face her, I debate telling her about our plan to save Bakugou.

She's probably feeling the same guilt as me, Midoriya, and Shoji since she was there when he was taken, but... she's injured. I know she's strong and talented, she proved that during our finals and at training camp, but I wouldn't feel right dragging her into danger after she risked her life to save ours... Kirishima said I'm being protective, am I? For some reason, I feel a sort of familiarity with Emi, like we're similar in a way. Maybe that's why I feel like I have to keep her safe now because I sense some sort of connection with her. All I know for sure is that I don't want to see her in pain again.

Snapping myself out of my thoughts, I walk away from Emi to catch up to our other classmates. As I turn the corner at the end of the hall, Kirishima is leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.