Embarrassing Run-ins

It's Saturday morning, the day of our class hangout. Denki texted me last night, telling me that everyone is going to meet in the common area at noon. I think we're going out to eat first then find other stuff to do, like an arcade or shop.

While brushing my hair, I double-check my outfit in the mirror. A semi-tight, gray t-shirt hugs my torso while black, baggy cargo pants comfortably cover my legs. Finishing getting ready, I look at the time on my phone.

11:52. I should head downstairs.

Shoving my phone and wallet into my pocket, I put on a pair of black sneakers before heading towards the common area. As I exit the elevator, I am met by my class excitedly chatting near the entrance.

Denki walks up to me, "Emi! You ready to have some fun?"

"Definitely. Is everyone here?" I ask, glancing around the room.

"Yup! Now come on, guys! Let's get this show on the road!" he exclaims, leading everyone out the door.

Giggling at his adorable attitude, I follow behind the rest of my classmates.

"Kaminari!" Kirishima calls out, "where's our first stop?"

"Food first!" Mina announces, jumping up and down in excitement.

"Yeah, we're gonna hit up a great barbeque place I know on the upper side of town," Denki answers.

Upperside, huh. Typically more expensive, but I should have enough money to go all out today.

I've been getting an allowance from Xander for the past two years, ever since he bought me my own place. He's kinda loaded due to all the illegal jobs he takes up from the underground, so he can easily afford the monthly $500 he gives me.

"Hey, Emi," Midoriya catches my attention as he slows down to walk beside me, "I was wondering, even though our ultimate move training is over, could you still teach me your fighting techniques? If it isn't a bother, of course!"

I smile at him, "sure. It was actually pretty fun during class, so I don't have a problem with it."

His face lights up, "really?! Thank you! I was worried I was being a nuisance to you during class since I was taking away a lot of your time to perfect your ultimate move."

"No need to worry about that. I forgot to tell you, but I already mastered my ultimate moves."

"Wait, seriously?! What are they?!" his eyes glimmer with excitement.

I chuckle, "you sure get excited when it comes to quirks, huh?"

"Well, they've always fascinated me so..." he mumbles, embarrassed.

"Haha, it's fine, Midoriya. I'm just teasing. Anyways, about my moves, I've actually got four so far. One for each element. The thing I'm really trying to perfect is using two elements at the same time. It's tricky, but I think it's coming along nicely."

"Four ultimate moves?! I guess that would make sense since you kind of have four different quirks."

"Kinda, yeah. So, anyways, the moves I came up with are-"

As I explain each of my moves, he continues to ask questions. Our conversation ends up trailing off-topic, and soon enough we reach the restaurant.

-----

"Then he called himself the hand crusher," Midoriya laughs.

"Pfft, are you serious? I didn't know Todoroki was funny," I giggle.

Denki catches our attention, "hey, everyone! We're here!"

Already? That was quick.

Walking into the large indoor restaurant, a waitress greets us, "welcome. Do you have a reservation?"