Banter and Bonding

"Emi!" Kirishima calls out as he and Zero burst through the warehouse's back door, "what were you thinking? You're not hurt, are you?"

"Of course not," I scoff.

Zero walks up to Angel, "how's your wing?"

"Doesn't hurt much. I'll be fine," he answers, stretching his slashed wing gently.

"I'll alert Fatgum that we've caught one of the gangsters," Hawks announces but before he turns on his coms he whispers to me, "If you're not going to follow orders then I'll have no choice but to kick you off this team. Got it? This reckless habit of yours is going to get you killed."

Tsk. The fuck is his problem? I couldn't give less of a damn if he wants to kick me out. Not like I need his fancy agency in the first place.

As Hawks walks away, I approach the rest of the heroes. The villain is out cold so Pulse takes the opportunity to restrain him so that he won't be able to get away. Soon after, Fatgum and the rest of our team quickly rush through the front door.

"Is everyone alright?" Fatgum asks.

"Only a few minor injuries. How are you all holding up?" Hawks answers.

"We're fine. So the villain is unconscious, huh? We might as well interrogate him now while the police get here," Fatgum states.

"I'll wake him up," I say, manipulating the water from one of my containers and splashing it onto the gangster's face.

He jolts awake and attempts to squirm out of his restraints, "you bastards! Let me go!"

"Who supplied your gang with the quirk inhibiting bullets?" Fatgum questions.

"Like I'd tell you," the villain spits.

"Look, you're going to be arrested either way, but if you cooperate maybe we'll be able to lessen your sentence," Hawks persuades.

The villain scoffs as he turns his head away from us. 

Heroes and their noble acts. If it were Xander and me, this guy would already be spilling all the information we'd want.

"Let's let Hawks and Fatgum handle this. The rest of us will wait outside," Zero sighs, leading us away from the gangster.

Hawks POV

"Let's try this again," I say, pointing my Feather Blade in the gangster's face, "who sold you the bullets?"

He chuckles nervously, "you're bluffing. You can't torture me. You're both heroes! "

"So? Not a problem with me. What about you, Fatgum?"

Play along, Fat.

Fatgum crosses his arms, "Nope."

"You heard the man," I shrug, gently pushing the tip of the blade to his cheek.

He turns his head and tries to back away from the blade. Beads of sweat start forming on his forehead and his scared, beady eyes are glued to the feather.

"Ok, ok! It was the Hassaikai, alright! They sold us the bullets, but they only gave us a few! We ain't got none left! That's all I know I swear!" he pleads as a single drop of blood emerges from his cheek.

I lower my feather and he lets out a heavy sigh of relief. Fatgum and I exchange a quick look at one another.

That's not good. Fat and a lot of other agencies are already investigating the Hassaikai and now they have to worry about quirk-inhibiting bullets.

"If it's the Hassaikai then they won't stop at temporarily blocking quirks," Fatgum says.

Before we get the chance to ask any more questions, Angel opens the door, "the police are here!"