Thinking Back

The final exams are officially over but now there is another headache to worry about. The summer training camp.

It's the day after the practical portion of the finals and I walk into the 1-A classroom. Everyone is excited about the summer camp except Mina, Denki, Kirishima, and one other I've never talked to. They all look devastated, guess they failed yesterday.

"E-Everyone," Mina cries, "I'm looking forward to hearing all your stories of how fun camp was."

Are they that disappointed? I don't see what the big deal is, I'd much rather stay home than go to this thing.

I walk past the sad group as Midoriya tries to comfort them. Mr. Aizawa enters the class as I settle into my seat.

"Morning," starts Mr. Aizawa.

"Unfortunately, there are a few of you who did not pass your final exams. So, when it comes to the training camp in the woods... Everyone is going!" he says excitedly with a weird smile.

The four who failed had an instant 180 and jumped from their seats.

"We really get to go the camp?!" asks Kirishima happily.

"Yeah. The good news is that no one bombed the written exam," Mr. Aizawa begins to explain.

So I actually passed the written exams? That's surprising, guess all that studying paid off.

"Five failed the practical badly. Two teams, of course, and then Sero failed as well," he continues.

He starts explaining how those who failed need the training camp the most and what he told us before was just a logical deception so we would give it our all. As he continues talking and answering questions, I put my head down and fall asleep.

-----

Today went by quickly, probably because I slept through most of the classes.

I began to gather my stuff as the others started planning a class shopping trip tomorrow. As I headed towards the door Denki called my name.

"Emi! You gonna go?" he asks.

Too many people at a mall so that's a no, besides... I'm kinda broke.

"Sorry, but I'm busy tomorrow," I lie.

I turn back around and leave as everyone else continues to plan their little get-together.

-----

"Home sweet home," I say to myself as I walk into my condo.

Summer break has started and we have a few days to ourselves before the summer training camp.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a snack before sitting on the couch to turn on the tv. Flipping through the channels, I stop on the news. The coverage is on the League of Villains.

The league. Xander told me they attacked UA recently and word on the street is that they're recruiting.

I continue to listen as the reporter talks about how even though many pro hero agencies have been tracking them, none have come close to finding their hideout. As she talks more about the story, I get up and put away my stuff from school. I hear her mention that the hero killer, Stain, has a connection to the league and may have inspired others to join the league.

"Stain's ideology was to purge 'false' heroes and change the current society. Many videos have surfaced around the internet explaining his ideology and many people are starting to agree with him..." the reporter continues.

Killing false heroes? It kind of sounds like Xander's ideology about villains; that purging evil is the only true way to destroy it.

"For ten years, Stain trained in killing techniques in order to fulfill his self-appointed duty. During that time..." the reporter trails on.