Move-In Day

"Shit! I'm so late... Teach is going to kill me," I mumble to myself while jogging down the sidewalk towards the new UA dormitory.

As I turn the corner of the hedges surrounding the dorms, I gawk at the 5-story building.

This is huge, and it's just for our class! How much money does UA have?!

Slowing my pace, I walk into my new home and am immediately met by Mr. Aizawa.

"Ah, Emi. Nice of you to finally show up," he says monotoned.

"Haha... yeah, sorry about that. I overslept," I rub the back of my neck, laughing nervously.

He sighs, "just be lucky this isn't class, or I'd give you detention. Follow me, I'll give you a quick rundown since you're here now."

We walk towards the elevator as he begins his mini-tour, "this entire floor is the common area, including a kitchen, laundry rooms, and baths."

"Wait, baths? So we don't have private showers in our rooms?" I cut him off.

"Sorry, but you don't. There is a bathroom in your room, though it only has a toilet and sink."

"Oh... alright."

That'll be annoying. At least it'll be easier than trying to time it at the training camp since we don't have a designated time to bathe.

"Here," Mr. Aizawa hands me a slip of paper as we ascend the elevator, "this is the layout of the rooms. Yours is on the fourth floor along with Bakugou, Kirishima, Shouji, Uraraka, and Ashido. The belongings you sent yesterday should already be in your room, so spend the rest of the day unpacking. If you have any questions, ask the students on your floor."

The doors open on the fourth floor, and I exit the elevator, "thanks, Teach! I'll see you tomorrow."

"On time, I hope," he smirks at me.

I laugh lightly, "Yeah, yeah, don't worry. I'll make sure to be there on time."

Walking down the hall, I enter the room next to Mina's. Furniture is scattered around the room while the boxes I sent are stacked in the center.

I might have gone a bit overboard with the packing... where should I put all of this stuff?

Stepping over my furniture, I make my way to the center of the room and begin visualizing how I want to decorate.

The dresser and desk they gave us can move, so I can put my tv stand there, along with my tv of course. I can move my bed as well so it can face the tv rather than the closet. My nightstand will go on the right side of my bed, leaving room next to the window for my Wing Chun Dummy. The dresser can go next to my nightstand too, and the fridge in the corner can stay where it is... That should be all of the bigger pieces of furniture, so I should be set to move things around.

Controlling the wind around my room, the furniture lifts into the air and begins to move and shift into its designated space. Everything is in its proper place in less than a minute, and I look around my room, double-checking my work. Doing a slow spin as I examine my work, I am pleased with the placement of everything. My smile fades quickly as I stare at the eyesore in front of the door.

Damn it, I forgot the desk. Who even needs a desk?! ...well, besides for doing homework and projects, but who really does that? I don't think there's any room for this dumb thing, oh wait, there is a spot. Out the window that is. No, Emi. You shouldn't break UA property... I think there is an empty room next to mine, so I'll just put it there.

After pushing the desk into the unoccupied room, I move onto unpacking the boxes.

-----

"And there we have it," I say to myself, stepping back to admire my now finished room.