The Exam

The three days of hell, I mean written exams, went by quicker than I thought it would.

"Alright, put your pencils down. The last person in each row, bring the answer sheets to me," Mr. Aizawa says.

I get up and pick up everyone's answer sheet in my row and hand them to Mr. Aizawa. Mina and Denki thank Momo as I walk back to my seat.

I think I did decent, to be honest. At least I answered everything.

"Time for the practical exam everyone. Go change into your hero costumes and let's go," says Mr. Aizawa monotoned.

Shit, I was so focused on studying I forgot to submit a costume design.

As everyone grabs their designated case containing their costume I start heading to the locker room.

"Oh, Emi, your costume came in today, so you can wear it if you'd like," Mr. Aizawa says as he stops me by the door.

"Costume? But I never submitted a design?" I reply confused.

"Well, someone did because your costume is right over there," he points toward the cases and I spot one with the number 21 on it.

I go back, grabbing the box, and head to the locker room with the other girls.

Did they just make a general costume? No the girls told me you design your own...

"Emi, you figured out your costume design already?" asks Uraraka.

"No... I never submitted anything..." I answer, still confused.

We enter the locker room and I open my case. Lifting up the costume, I see that it is a black bodysuit with a simple design of a few dark blue lines around the wrists, ankles, and neck. The costume itself feels pretty light and isn't complex at all. I quickly put it on and notice it isn't skin-tight and covers everything properly. It's exactly my style; simple, comfortable, and practical.

That old man... I should have guessed. Looks like he based it off of his old hero costume too. I'll have to thank Xander for this later.

-----

We arrive at the practical exam area. The component of this test is supposed to be a secret but everyone already found out about it from the upperclassmen.

Fighting robots. Should be a cinch.

We make our way to the front of the building to see Mr. Aizawa with the rest of the pro hero teachers. Mr. Aizawa begins talking about the practical exam and correctly assumed that some of us got information from other students in the school.

"We're fighting those big ol' metal robots!" Denki says happily.

"Actually... this year's test will be completely different, for various reasons!" exclaims Principal Nezu as he pops out of Mr. Aizawa's scarf.

What was he doing in his scarf???

Principal Nezu begins to explain the new components of the exam saying that we will be working in pairs, fighting against one of the teachers.

Teachers, huh? No difference really, still going to be easy.

Mr. Aizawa then begins to explain that he has already chosen our partners and opponent.

"First, Yaoyorozu, Todoroki, and Emi are a team. Against me," he says with a sly smile.

He begins listing off the other groups, but I stop listening since I already heard my name.

Mr. Aizawa. Hm... I think he can erase people's quirks by looking at them. I know Momo and her quirk but who's Todoroki? Oh well... I'll just wing it like always, no problem.