Prime Target

Shigaraki POV

"You had me walking around in circles for 30 minutes. I'm not an ant. Are all yakuza strongholds like this?" I ask, annoyed by their precautions.

"We don't know who might be watching us or from where, and not all of our guests have the best intentions. So we have a number of routes leading here, an underground reception room where we can be reasonably sure of our privacy," Overhaul answers.

So paranoid...

Two of Overhaul's henchmen enter the room, and the taller of the two interrupts our meeting, "Hawks and a few of his sidekicks were investigating the warehouse."

"Hmm... a top hero on our tail will prove troubling," Overhauls says.

"But!" the short Hassaikai member chimes in, "one of his sidekicks is the girl with the bounty on her head! Emi Sierra."

"Is that right? If we capture her, we could become allies with Red... Thank you, Mimic. Chronostasis. I'll keep this in mind," Overhaul nods.

Why does that name sound familiar... Wait, that's the brat we fought in Kamino. So there's a bounty on her? How interesting...

-----

Emi POV

"So why do you think we were called to Esuha?" I ask, looking around the unfamiliar city, "maybe the League was spotted here?"

"Your guess is as good as mine," Tokoyami answers.

Early this morning we got a message from Hawks ordering us to meet in Esuha at the Fat Gum Hero Agency headquarters.

Of course the birdbrain leaves out why we're here. He seriously pisses me off...

Tokoyami leads the way from the train station down Main Street. It's around two in the afternoon but I can tell that the city is much brighter than Musutafu. Giant billboard screens line the streets and I can sense a happy buzz from the citizens.

This place is too cheerful for me...

We soon approach a building that looks exactly like Fat Gum. The entrance has the same design as his costume with his notorious smiling face hangs above the front doors.

...What the fuck...

"Let's get this over with," I grumble, pushing the doors open and entering the main lobby.

Yellow couches and chairs are neatly organized around the large room. We walk up to a light brown front desk that is centered at the end of the lobby. Four receptionists are either talking on their phones or glued to their computers. One of them quickly looks up at us and smiles.

"Hello!" she beams, "are you two a part of the Hawks Agency?"

"Yes, we are," Tokoyami answers.

"Please follow me then," she says as she gets up from her desk and leads us through the busy building.

The building has a lot of natural light and seems bright and happy. We pass by a few sidekicks rushing around carrying folders and stacks of paper. Other employees lounge around laughing with one another as they work.

The receptionist knocks on a door, "Excuse me. The two students with the Hawks Agency are here."

"Alright, you can let them in!" we hear Fat Gum say from the other side.

The receptionist opens the door and lets us in. I notice that it is a large meeting room with a long table in the center. Hawks and the sidekicks we met yesterday are already sitting around the table along with Fat Gum, someone I vaguely recognize, and...