Pass Or Fail

As I enter the waiting room, I see another student removing his targets toward the back of the room. He must have been the one who passed before me. I have no idea how he can stand that winter coat in the middle of summer. Heading over there myself, a worker gives me a magnetic key to take off my targets. As I look around the large room, I see tables piled with food and couches lining the walls.

Guess I could take the time to refuel.

Grabbing a meat bun, I get comfortable on one of the couches and feel a wave of drowsiness wash over me. This is the annoying side effect of my quirk. Using it always drains me, but my stamina has increased after the training camp in the mountains. However, I still feel a little weary after that short fight. Might as well sleep to be ready for the next test.

---

A loud bell ring jolts me awake and I jump to my feet.

"Villians have performed a large-scale terrorist attack spanning all of Insert City Name Here. Since most buildings collapsed, there are many injured," an announcer's voice booms through the speakers.

As I rub my eyes, a large screen shows the destruction of the testing arena.

Damn. This sure is realistic.

The walls and ceiling of the room unfold open as the announcer continues, "due to heavily damaged roads, the first responders have unfortunately been delayed for the time being. Until emergency services arrive, the heroes in the area will lead the rescue efforts. Your task is to save as many people as you can and help the injured."

Injured? Guess this has turned into a rescue mission. Saving civilians is such a pain... I've dealt with rescuing civilians before but I've always hated trying to calm them down. Xander and I have busted a few human trafficking ops, but he always handled the civilians, not me. God, this is going to be annoying.

"And with that... Begin!" the announcer finishes as a bell rings, signaling the start of the second exam.

"Emi, come on!" Midoriya calls to me as he and the rest of my class begin sprinting towards the disaster.

Looks like everyone from my class passed the first portion of the test.

"Let's start by heading to the closest urban area. We'll work as a team as much as possible," Iida orders.

Most civilians will be in the urban area so that's probably where most of the students are going to be as well. There'll be too many people for me to sense who's a civilian and who's a student. Besides, concrete isn't the greatest for sensing vibrations in comparison to real dirt and rock. Best to break off and search the mountain terrain.

"You're going on your own again?" Mina complains as I separate myself from the group.

Ignoring my classmate's complaint, I continue sprinting to the mountains but sense another group close behind me. A quick glance behind me and I see Bakugou, Kirishima, and Denki.

"Why are you three following me?" I ask them.

"Huh?!" Bakugou exclaims rudely, "like hell I'm following you! You just happen to be going in the same direction as me!"

I roll my eyes, "sure you are, Hothead."

Soon enough we're in the mountain zone and I was right. Not many students are here but the ones who are have already begun assisting the injured people at the base of the mountain. With each step I take, I start to focus on the vibrations past the students deeper in the mountains. Small pebbles roll around as larger boulders shift and settle. One person, probably a child, is less than a quarter-mile away on the ground. Definitely not a student.