Chapter 28 - Hero of Wave

THREE DAYS LATER

After the gruesome battle on the bridge, Teams 7 and 10, along with Zabuza, Haku and Ranmaru had called for a truce. Kakashi and Asuma hold no grudges against their former enemies since they were just doing a job.

While Hinata had forgiven Haku for almost killing her, Sasuke did not. He won't show animosity towards the Yuki girl for Hinata's sake, but that doesn't mean he has to be her friend, or like her.

Ranmaru however, was very depressed for the death of his dear friend Raiga. While the late swordsman was no doubt psychotic, he truly cared for Ranmaru.

The little boy was once shunned by everyone around him, due to his Kekkei Genkai, since he was from the Land of Water. When Raiga found him, and decided to take him under his wing, Ranmaru finally had a place where he belong. But now that Raiga is gone, Ranmaru was once again, all alone.

Ranmaru hardly spoke to anyone ever since......until Naruto finally approached him.

The Blonde Senju was able to symptomize with the purple haired boy. He spoke kindly, and showed great compassion that the little boy has never experienced before.

Naruto eventually got Ranmaru to opened up, and comforted him when the little boy finally cried and grieved for his dear friend, Raiga.

Ranmaru only spoke to Naruto ever since, but Naruto wanted the little boy to feel the warm embrace of a family, since he told the blonde Senju; that he grew up alone, with no love or support. But luckily, he was able to convinced Ranmaru to get to know Tazuna's family more.

Tsunami was very kind to him, and would even let Ranmaru help cook everyone's meals with her. Ranmaru even played some games with Inari, and learned the fine art of Bridge Building with Tazuna. Ranmaru didn't know why, but he was now beginning to grow very attached with the Bridge Builder's family. They were very good and loving people.

Naruto offered Ranmaru to come with him to Konoha like Zabuza and Haku, but the little boy respectfully declined, and decided to stay in the Land of Waves, with Tazuna and his family. Naruto respected Ranmaru's decision, and wished him all the best.

But Naruto gave him one of his Marked Kunais just in case, and told him to simply channel his chakra into it if he needs him, and he'll come in a flash. Whatever that means, Ranmaru wondered.

THE NEXT DAY - WITH NARUTO AND SASUKE

Naruto and Sasuke made their way to the forest area, where the Genins did their Tree Climbing Exercise. Naruto was surprised when Sasuke suddenly approached him, and asked him to follow him. Naruto complied, and wondered what the last loyal Uchiha wanted.

"Sasuke, what are we doing here?" Naruto asked, as they finally arrived at the training site.

Sasuke stopped walking, and turned to face Naruto, with a burning determination in his eyes.

"Fight me" Sasuke simply said.

"....Now?" Naruto asked with a raised eyebrow.

Sasuke just nodded his head, with his onyx eyes never leaving Naruto's.

"Umm sure, but why?" Naruto asked curiously.

"Because you promised me a fight when the mission is over" Sasuke answered.

Naruto had actually forgotten about that, and rubbed the back of his head embarrassingly.

"Y-Yeah.....but I thought we do it when we get back home, or....."

"NO! We do this now." Sasuke interrupted him, with his voice becoming slightly angry.

"Okay, okay don't get your knickers in a twist.....Fine. We'll fight. What are the rules?" Naruto asked, with his toned becoming slightly serious.