Chapter 39 - Sannin vs. Genin

WITH TEAM 8

Kiba, Sakura and Shino were now on their way to the Tower, after defeating a team from Taki who fell into their trap. It was a simple net-snare, followed by numerous giant leeches that fell on their bodies, sucking-out their blood until they were incapacitated.

It was a flawless plan, thanks to their experience with traps and Shino's knowledge on insects in the area. Luckily, the Taki team had the scroll they needed, which is an Earth Scroll.

Kiba was ecstatic, as he believed that they might be the first team to arrive in at the Tower. Sakura was just glad, that they will soon get out of the creepy forest. Shino was just being Shino.

"WOOHOO! I knew that we would survive this! Right, Akamaru?!" Kiba said excitedly to his furry companion.

"Yip Yip!" Akamaru barked in agreement.

"Kiba, don't jinx us! We were lucky those guys from Taki had an Earth Scroll in the first place." Sakura said slightly annoyed.

But that didn't tamper the young Inuzuka's joyous mood.

"And because of that, we're going to be the first ones to reach the Tower! Come on, Sakura, be excited for once!" Kiba said to his pinkette teammate.

"I will 'be excited' when we get out of this god-forsaken forest, not before." Sakura said.

"She's right, Kiba. We shouldn't be overconfident. Why do you ask? It's because it is dangerous mistake, that can get us killed. No matter how small a bug is, it still has to guard itself at all times. We have to make sure that we don't encounter any enemies until we reached the Tower. That is the only way, that we'll truly be safe." Shino said with his logic.

"Yeah, yeah I know that! Geez, you two need to chill-out and enjoy yourselves, once in a while. LIKE ME! I'm having the time of my life!" Kiba said with a grin.

But ironically, his pink haired teammate was starting to get annoyed by his loud and careless attitude, so Sakura hits Kiba in the head, to literally knock some sense into him.

KA-POW!

"We are in a place, nicknamed the Forest of the Death, surrounded by enemy ninjas, man-eating animals and poisonous insects! Only a MANIAC would enjoy themselves here, Kiba!" Sakura yelled out, but elsewhere, a certain busty Special Jonin sensed a disturbance, as if someone had mocked her.......they will pay as soon as she finds out who!

"Fine! God! You don't have to hit me, you Banshee." Kiba said, as he rubbed his head.

"That's how I keep you alive, Baka!" Sakura stated with a satisfied smirk.

But Kiba also smirked at that comment.

"Aww I'm touched. Have I managed to worm my way into your cold heart, Sakura?" Kiba asked with the smirk never leaving his face.

But that remark just made Sakura feel nauseous.

"......If you do that, I'll literally get worms, Dog boy." Sakura said, slightly grossed out.

As Kiba was about to retort, Akamaru sniffed something up ahead.

"Sniff*Sniff.....Yip, Yip!" Akamaru barked.

"Guys, hold on! We have to stop!" Kiba said, stopping his teammates at their tracks.

"Why?" Shino asked.

"You said we should be careful not to come across any enemies, right? Well, Akamaru and I smell a group up ahead." Kiba stated, as pointed his finger at the direction of the enemy group.