Chapter 42 - Deathmatch (1-5)

"Then if you're ready, let the match begin!"

The moment Hayate began the match, both Sasuke and Kabuto reached into their back pouch and threw several shurikens at each other, only for them to clash and stop midway. Both Genins then took out their respected kunais, and charged towards each other in a clash of steel, engaging in a fast-paced hand-to-hand combat.

Sasuke is faster and his reaction time is better, but Naruto could tell that Kabuto was holding back. The match looked almost one-sided, as Sasuke was dominating most of the time, but Kabuto managed to still 'put up a good fight', which is the common-term for those who are unsuspected of the silver-haired boy.

Thanks to Naruto's warning, Sasuke knew that Kabuto is not taking the match seriously, which infuriated him a little, due to his Uchiha pride, so he decided to push Kabuto a little further, to force him to reveal any of his secrets.

Sasuke then jump away to the opposite direction to get some distance, as he made a couple of hand-seals and took a deep breath.

"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!"

The Uchiha blew out a massive fireball towards Kabuto, much to everyone's awe for a Rookie Genin to perform an elemental ninjutsu.

Kabuto was barely able to escape the large ball of inferno, as it collided on the wall behind him, causing a small explosion.

Sasuke didn't waste any time as he rushed towards Kabuto, and jumped-up with his kunai in hand, and made a downward slash on the elderly boy, but only to hit a substitution.

Sasuke looked around him, wondering where did the glasses-wearing Genin disappeared to, only to be reminded with a 'certain memory' of his first training exercise against Kakashi.

So by instinct, Sasuke jumps high above, just in time before seeing Kabuto's hand suddenly appearing out of the earth, ready to grab his ankles.

Sasuke then blew out another large fireball on the ground where Kabuto was buried, only for the older Genin to quickly jump out of the way in time, before he was burned to a crisp.

But luckily, this was all part of Sasuke's plan.

Sasuke then ran towards Kabuto, and threw his kunai at the direction of his head, only for Kabuto to dodge with ease, but when Sasuke was getting closer, and Kabuto readied his kunai to strike back, Sasuke suddenly disappeared in front of him.

Kabuto's eyes widened, when he felt a strong kick to his jaw, sending him flying above.

Rock Lee and Guy were at shock at the familiar technique that Sasuke was about to perform, as the Uchiha only saw Lee performed it once, during their little brawl.

Sasuke then quickly jump above, appearing right behind Kabuto, mid-air.

"Okay, I'll admit. I kinda borrowed that move. But from here on in, it's all original." Sasuke said with a confident smirk behind Kabuto, as he tapped his finger on his back, ready to use his new/burrowed technique.

'The Dancing Leaf Shadow. Not bad, Sasuke. You do have potential after all.' Kabuto thought, hiding his smug with a fake look of panic on his face.

"HERE WE GO!" Sasuke said, as moved his body to kick Kabuto's side, but it was immediately blocked by Kabuto's forearm.

He wasn't going to let it be too easy.

"Nice try, Sasuke, but you have to do WAY better than that." Kabuto dared convincingly, as he knew that this was the finishing blow of the match.

"I'm just getting started!" Sasuke declared, as he twists his body around and land a hard punch on Kabuto's chest, knocking some air out of his lungs, and sending Kabuto crashing towards the ground, but before he made contact on the concreate floor, Sasuke strike Kabuto's chest once more, to gain some leverage, as he twists his body around, and land a strong axe-kick on Kabuto's chest right before he reached the floor.