Chapter 43 - Deathmatch (6-8)

"We will now move on to the next match."

After Hayate had announced the continuation of the preliminary, the large screen on the wall began to randomly shuffle through the remaining candidate's names once more, until two were selected.

Round 6
Neji Hyuga vs. Karui

The second Neji saw who his opponent was, his cold pale eyes immediately narrowed, when he saw which village she represents. It was the same village that was responsible for the unjust death of his beloved father, due to the botch kidnaping attempt of his weak cousin.

Both Hiruzen and Guy were afraid that this could happen, as they are fully aware of the Hyuga clan's massive grudge against Kumo, as many years ago, they had dared to steal their clan's heiress and the secrets of their precious Kekkei Genkai.

This was definitely not going to be a pleasant fight, and they could only curse the damn screen that randomly picked the combatants.

Hinata's eyes widened with worry when she saw who her cousin was going up against, and she has a feeling that Neji is going to take out all of his his pent-up anger on the unsuspecting red-headed Kumo kunoichi.

While Hinata herself, was very guarded when it comes to Kumo ninjas in general, due to her childhood trauma, but despite this, she still won't be prejudice against every single Kumo ninja she encounters. She could only hope that Neji would exercise restraint, if he hopes to preserve his honour.

Yugito then noticed the cold look on Neji's face, and was starting to feel worried for her enthusiastic teammate, who couldn't wait to fight in her match.

"Hey..." Yugito stopped Karui as she was about to make her way down to the arena floor "....Be careful. I don't like the way that Hyuga kid is looking at you. If I didn't know any better, I say he wants to kill you." Yugito warned.

But Karui simply shrugged it off.

"You're being paranoid, Yugito. Besides, don't worry about it. Every Hyuga is a Taijutsu user, right? So I'll just keep my distance and use my sword if he comes near me." Karui ensured with a cocky grin.

"Confidence is good, but make sure you don't underestimate him, Karui..." Omoi tries to lessen her ego, until a terrified thought entered his mind "......But what if she ignores us? What if that Neji kid will somehow beat her in the most horribly way imaginable? I will have no choice but to avenge her because she is my teammate. But what if I accidently kill him? The Hyuga clan will seek retaliation! WAR WILL BROKE OUT, and it is all because I am too skilled! And after so many deaths, Lord Raikage has no choice but to propose a peace treaty with Konoha through political marriage! I will have to marry a beautiful Konoha heiress or princess! And then-OWW!" Omoi finally stopped his rambling when Karui hit him on his head with fury in her eyes.

"STOP OVERTHINKING, YOU BAKA!" Karui yelled out.

"Yeah Omoi, you need to learn to calm down once in a while......Besides, if anyone is gonna be put in any political marriage with Konoha, it's gonna be ME! And I got my eye on the Purr-fect candidate." Yugito claimed cheekily, as her gaze was firmly locked on Naruto, who was talking with Fu and Shikamaru on the opposite balcony. But then she smirked with amusement, when she saw the angry glare that she is receiving from Ino, who noticed the cat-kunoichi's constant stares towards her boyfriend.

The two blonde kunoichi's glared at one another, as if they were screaming at the other to 'back-off' or suffer the consequences. But knowing their personality and stubbornness, it was very unlikely.

Despite not paying too much attention to his student's silly antics, the Sensei of Team Kumo 1, Darui, was also concerned about his fiery red-headed student's angry looking opponent.