Chapter 4 - Road to Ninja-Hood

NARUTO'S APARTMENT

"I TOLD YOU TO SLEEP, BRAT. NOW LOOK AT YOU." Says the Giant Fox inside the exhausted looking 5-year-old blonde's head.

"Sorry, I guess I couldn't sleep after last night's MAJOR REVELATION BOMB! Finding out who my parents are, the idea of Madara Uchiha being alive and doing god-knows-what. And I got all of that, from you. A giant oversize fur ball with too many tails who is currently living inside my stomach, which happens to be a sewer, and who I decided to be my first friend."

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME, BRAT?!"

"My first friend? Yeah I know, it's pathetic but..."

"NO! THE OTHER ONE! THE OVERSIZE FUR-BALL WITH TOO MANY TAILS!"

"Ohh hahaha, sorry Kurama! I get a little cranky when I don't get enough sleep" He laugh nervously, and embarrassed of what slipped out to his new furry companion.

"HMPH, WELL I GUESS IT CAN'T BE HELPED."

Kurama then begins to channel a 'small' portion of his chakra into Naruto's, to give him 'a little' energy boost.

But the sly fox underestimated just how powerful his chakra is. And like a monkey jumping out of his cage, Naruto's exhaustion is now completely replaced with a burst of hyperactive energy, causing the little blonde to suddenly jump out of his bed and couldn't stay still.

"WOAH! THAT FELT GREAT KURUMA! I FEEL LIKE I CAN TAKE ON JIJI HIMSELF!" Naruto says out loud and couldn't stop shaking with excitement.

"GOOD. BECAUSE YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, YOUR 'GRANDPA' IS ONE HELL OF A WARRIOR. HE EARNED MY RESPECT WHEN HE WAS ABLE TO DROVE ME AWAY FROM YOUR VILLAGE WHILE YOUR FATHER WAS BUSY FIGHTING MADARA." Kuruma says with hint of admiration for the old Hokage.

"Wow! Jiji truly is amazing! And you're right. Thanks for the pick-me-up. Since we are still two hours early, I might as well get something to eat first." Says the violet-eyed-boy before hearing his stomach rumbling.

Naruto then went to kitchen to have a light breakfast. He was enjoying a bowl of cereal, with a cup of orange juice on the side.

Some groceries have already been provided along with the apartment by the old Hokage before Naruto moved in. Hiruzen thought of it as a 'house-warming gift' for the little blonde.

As Naruto was eating, a few thoughts came to his mind. Thanks to Kurama, he now knows that he was never abandoned or unwanted. His parents were incredible people, who fought against all odds to save him and the village.

His mother, the Jinchruriki of the Nine-Tails before him. And his father, the heroic Fourth Hokage.

Naruto also realized that he had only heard about his parents from the giant fox himself, which is not an objective point of view since he absolutely despises them.

He wanted to know more, and he needed to hear about them from someone who knew them personally. And who better than his father's predecessor, his dear old Jiji.

Once he was finished with his breakfast, and after a quick shower, he went straight to the Training Ground where Hiruzen had told him to meet at.

TRAINING GROUND 11

Naruto was very eager to begin his journey into becoming a great ninja and eventually Hokage.

He was still an hour early before Hiruzen arrives. And since he slept all day yesterday, now was a good time for him to start reading the scrolls that the old Hokage had given him.