Chapter 11 - The Genin Exam

The day has finally come for the blonde Senju and his friends to take the Genin exams. It is truly their first steps into the shinobi world.

While most of his peers thinks that by being a shinobi, will be a life filled with adventures, heroic battles and glory, but Naruto knew better. While he would not discourage his friends and classmates, the Senju boy knows very well about the reality and the life-threatening dangers that lurks in the Shinobi world.

The blonde Senju has been tirelessly training for years, but even he knew he still wasn't ready to face the likes of Madara Uchiha. He needed more field experiences, if he is ever going to survive against his most powerful enemies.

Naruto is now 13 years old, along with all his classmates. And true to his favourite Ramen-waitress's words, he had grown quite taller than he originally was. Naruto was about 5 foot 5 inches tall now. His blonde hair has grown quite identical to his father's, as a bit of it is now blocking parts of his forehead, with two bangs that reached a little past his ears and framing his face.

Naruto is now wearing a mesh armour t-shirt, underneath his open high-collared Maroon Jacket, with 3 Black-stripes on his rolled-up long-sleeves, and a Black-coloured Senju Clan symbol on the back. He also wears fingerless-gloves with metal plates on the backhand, and a pair of Black ANBU pants with medical tape covering his ankles near his shinobi sandals.

Naruto thought he looks like a mixture of his two older-sibling-figures, Kakashi and Anko.

Despite still being hated by most of the villagers because of his burden, Naruto had many good things going for him at this point. He was handsome, smart, and surprisingly very powerful for someone his age. He has many close friends that he cares for, and a beautiful girlfriend who he adores, and adores him.

Ino had grown quite a lot as well. Her long waist-length platinum blonde hair, is now worn in a ponytail, with bangs framing the right side of her face. Naruto thought she looked more beautiful than ever.

Ino is now wearing a Purple outfit consisting of a high-collared blouse and matching apron skirt. She sports this attire with bandages on her abdomen and legs, and wears a pair of small hoop-earrings and white arm warmers.

The blonde duo had greatly matured in their long-term loving relationship. Naruto had finally muster enough courage to meet Ino's parents for the first time. Her mother was surprisingly very kind to him, which was a major relief to the blonde pair. But her father on the other hand, REALLY didn't like the idea of his 'baby girl' dating. Not dating the Jinchuriki of the Nine Tails or anything personal against Naruto, just 'dating' in general.

Naruto even helped Ino master her first Fire Style Ninjutsu,

1) Phoneix Flower / C-Rank / Offensive = The user spits a volley of small fireballs into the air. At a glance, it can appear as though there was only one fireball that then burst into many. The many small flames move wildly through the area, potentially mesmerising targets as they're surrounded. The user controls each individual flame with their chakra, allowing them to guide each at the target and, consequently, making this technique difficult to evade.

This Jutsu alone took Ino almost half a year to master, as she needed to build up her chakra reserves and practice her Fire-Chakra exercises first. Naruto really trained her to a brink that she almost cried and hated him, but she knew in her heart that her sweet 'Whiskers' was just making sure, that she can protect herself in the future.

Regardless, she was still able to learn and master 2 of her Clan's secret techniques from her father.

1) Ninja Art: Mind Transfer / C-Rank / Supplementary = The user converts their consciousness to spiritual energy, which they send at a target. Their consciousness moves slowly towards the target and travels in a straight line. If the user misses their target, it will take several minutes for their consciousness to find its way back to their own body. To prevent this from happening, the Mind Transfer should only be used against targets that are stationary or that are restrained. When their consciousness does successfully make it to the target, the user supplants the target's mind and takes total control of their body.