Chapter 5 - Naruto....Senju?

HOKAGE'S TOWER - HIRUZEN'S OFFICE

As the old Hokage was sighing in relief, that he had finally finished all of his paperwork for the day, he couldn't help but wonder if he should consider finding his second replacement. Jiraiya was his first option, as his last loyal Sanin. But given that he had no interest whatsoever and fully committing himself to his spy-network, he was no longer an option.

Maybe he should try to reach out to one of his wayward students. And NOT the sadistic snake he once favoured.

One in particular, who happens to be his only female student, and possibly his favourite little blonde's 'supposed' cousin, Tsunade Senju.

The Legendary Medic was a powerful and intelligent Kunoichi. She was the granddaughter of Hashirama Senju, The First Hokage. But she left the village out of personal grief after losing both her brother and her lover.

Feeling that she had lost everything that she held so dear, she blames the village for her entire family's deaths. She had no one, because of it's 'meaningless' wars. She was all alone. She is.....the Last Senju. Or maybe not, if Hiruzen can confirm his theory.

As much as he wants to believe that Naruto is the grandson of Tobirama Senju and the heir to the Senju Clan, he still needed more proof. No one had ever seen or reported Minato used any of his Hyoton abilities before. If he did, he manages to cover it up very well. He was already a talented and powerful Shinobi, and he had earned his fame without the aid of his bloodline.

But there is ONE more way that could finally confirm his theory. One that only a descendant of Tobirama Senju can do.

As he was about leave his office to go see his little blonde wonder, he heard a soft knock coming from his door. And who should walk in, but the boy that he wanted to see.

"Naruto-kun, I was just about to go see you. How was your spar with Dog?"

"It was....painful, but it was great! And I won't lose to Dog-Niisan next time. Anyway Ji...I mean Sensei..."

"It's alright Naruto-kun, you don't have to call me that right now. I'm finally off duty and we're not training. So what is on your mind?"

"Well Jiji, like I mention before, it's something important, and I need you to be completely honest with me."

"Okay....but one moment"

Hiruzen made a gesture with his hand, to signal his ANBU bodyguards, that he wants them to give him and the little blonde some privacy. He then activates a Privacy Seal so that no one can overheard them.

"Okay, go ahead Naruto-kun"

"I....I know my parents were Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki"

"Wha....Ho....How....How did you find out?"

"Kura....I mean....The Kyubi told me"

"The Kyubi?! You spoke to it?!"

"Yes, last night we had a very long talk. And he's a 'he' by the way. And HE told me....EVERYTHING." Naruto finished the last word with an angry tone.

"I....I assume you have questions."

"I HAVE A WHOLE PARERWORK OF IT! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!"

The old Hokage said nothing, as he was completely shocked. Never had before the happy-little-blonde-boy in front of him, yelled at him with such anger.

"I....I'm sorry....I didn't mean to yell, I was just....."

"No. No Naruto-kun. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that I kept a very big secret from you. Of who you are, and where you come from. That was wrong of me. But please understand that I truly intended to tell you when you have proven strong enough to protect yourself. Your parents have many enemies Naruto-kun, both foreign and domestic. And because of that, they will be your enemies too, if they ever find out you're their son. Your life will be constantly in danger from assassins or kidnappers. And I won't always be there to protect you. Please.....forgive me, Naruto-kun." Says the old Hokage, as he bows his head on his desk, begging the 5-year-old to forgive his foolishness.