Chapter 9 - The Top Dog

Life in the Shinobi Academy has been very 'interesting' for the blonde Senju. Naruto was doing well in his studies thanks to no small help from his friends, Kakashi and Anko, and even a few study sessions with his Sensei the Third Hokage Himself.

Naruto knew, that by having more people in his life, makes him feel more complete, and cementing his resolve to become Hokage. You can't be the Hokage when you don't know the people you are leading or protecting. He was already close with the next generation of the Ino-Shika-Cho, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't try to have more friends.

The blonde Senju would even make friends with the biggest outsider in his class. A boy who is constantly covering half his face with his high collar jacket, and wears a pair of shades. He is considered the most quietest boy in his class, always keeping to himself, and sometimes Naruto even saw him playing with a bunch of BUGS.

Naruto recognizes the unique quality, and knew that the quite boy, is part of Konoha's most mysterious Clan, The Aburame.

They are one of the Noble Clans of Konoha. At birth, members of this clan are offered to several special breed of insects as a nest, residing just under their host's skin. These insects will then live in symbiosis with their host from that point on. Because of this, its members are characterised by their use of insects as weapons.

So that's why to most villagers, they are always so grossed out by its members, and would occasionally keep their distance. But Naruto wasn't most people.

The blonde Senju decided to introduce himself to the Aburame boy. The Aburame was completely surprise by the blonde's sudden genuine-friendliness towards him. He didn't treat him like a freak, who is not only antisocial, but plays with bugs too. Instead, he invited him to have lunch with him and his friends.

The Aburame boy was hesitant at first, but decided to trust the blonde Senju. He introduces himself as Shino Aburame. Naruto has a good feeling with Shino, and knew they could be good friends. Despite his 'Over-logical' thinking and lack of social skills.

Naruto is still friends with Sakura, despite knowing the pink-haired girl's major crush on him.

He knew Ino would be very uncomfortable if he should spend a lot of time with Sakura alone, but he always enjoyed her company and they have alot of fun together. Even Naruto had to admit that Sakura is really cute.

But luckily for Ino, his heart already belongs to her.

Thanks to Ino's help of encouraging Sakura to embrace her 'large' forehead, the pink haired girl had gained a lot of confidence in herself.

Sakura Haruno is actually the only friend Naruto has that wasn't part of a Shinobi Clan.

She came from a civilian family, whose mother is part of the Civilian Council of Konoha. Naruto may be a Senju now, but before he changed his name, he was just another civilian child like her. So in a way, he always felt that they are similar, and was able to bond with her on that level.

Despite her mother's 'lack of fondness' towards the Jinchuriki of the Kyubi, Sakura still wanted to be friends with the blonde Senju. Although her crush for him, was a large factor to her decision. She still doesn't know that Naruto and Ino are together, but regardless, Naruto was very grateful for her loyalty and friendship.

But there is one boy in his class however, that for some reason despises Naruto with a burning passion; Kiba Inuzuka.

The short-tempered and impulsive boy would occasionally try to pick fights with the Blonde Senju to try to prove who's 'Top Dog'. Kiba has been very envious of Naruto's natural charisma, and the fact that half the pretty girls in their class are practically in love with him. The other half, who's affections are still towards a certain Uchiha boy.