Chapter 18 - The Sword of the Thunder God

Naruto, Ino and Shikamaru managed to swim all the way to the sandy shores of Nagi Island. They could still see what was left of their burning boat from afar, that is currently sinking to the bottom of the ocean.

"Are you guys alright?" Naruto asks his team.

"Y-Yeah, we're okay." Shikamaru responded, as he panted to regain his breath.

"Wait, where's Idate?" Ino asked, as she looks around to see no signs of their fourth member.

"It looks like we were separated during the explosion. Hang on, I'll try to find him." Naruto said, with worry in his voice.

Naruto then knelt down, and places his index on the sandy ground, and closes his eyes to concentrate. The Island was vast, and he could detect many small chakra signatures gathering at the Modoroki Shrine. They are probably the villagers who came all the way to support their Runners, when they arrive to collect their 'Ryuko Jewel,' and head straight to the Todoroki Shrine.

Naruto then detected 2 Chakra signatures that were near them. One he recognizes as Idate's, but the other had High-Chunin Level Chakra, and a strong sense of Malice.

The young Senju managed to combine both his natural Sensory ability and Kurama's Negative-Emotion detector. The result, is a very powerful sensory skill, that can track and identify any target with ease.

"I found him. But he's not alone. We need to move now." Naruto informed his team with urgency.

"Right" Both Ino and Shikamaru responded in unison.

Team 10 then set off to look for their forth 'Ninja-hating' member. But despite their differences, Naruto truly hopes that Idate will be alright when they arrive.

WITH IDATE AND AOI

The Ame Jonin continues to beat the defenceless Wasabi Runner without mercy in the heavily rain area. Idate had bruises all over his face, and Senbons all over his body.

Whats's worse, is that Aoi continues to verbally belittle the Wasabi Runner of his self-worth, as he beats him to a pulp. Calling him a coward and a worthless human being, that that doesn't deserve to live.

"Times Running out, Idate. Fukusuke will be at the Modoroki Shrine right about now. Any chance you have is long gone." Aoi gloated with grin.

Idate was feeling weakened by the beating, and dropped down to his knees, and eventually on his belly.

"Your running days are over. You can't even stand-up. Once the poison in those Senbons finishes spreading through your body, you will be crossing a different sort of 'finish-line.' The last finish-line....of Death" Aoi said, with the evil grin never leaving his face.

Idate felt his will-to-fight was slowly fading away, as he tries desperately to reach for the pocket knife that was on the ground in front of him.

"What do you really think you can do with that little pocket knife?" Aoi asked out of pity, for the sorry sight of the Wasabi Runner.

Aoi then reached out to grab the pocket knife on the ground, but his hand was immediately slapped away by Idate, as the Wasabi Runner desperately clings to it.

"NO! Don't touch it!" Idate declared, as he somehow maintained his defiant spirit.

Feeling annoyed, Aoi continues to beat the helpless Idate. The Ame Jonin stomped his foot on Idate's hand that was still clinging on the pocket knife, and kicked the Wasabi Runner directly on the face.

He then began to stomp on his weakened body.

"You fool. Were you hoping to show the world that you are a man of integrity? You could have just run away. You picked the wrong time to try to 'redeem yourself' Idate." Aoi said with cold-casual tone.