Chapter 40 - Anko's Revenge

ROOT HEADQUARTERS

Tanuki, Sai and Yakumo were now kneeling before a very disappointed Danzo Shimura, who is sitting on his 'throne' with a stoic and emotionless face, to hide his growing anger for their failure.

After Tanuki brief him about their failed attempt to retrieve the Uzumaki girl, with the rare special chakra, he was obviously not pleased. Especially due to the interference of the Kyubi Jinchurki and his team.

Hearing that Tanuki, his most promising ROOT agent, with one of the rarest Kekkei Genkai in the world that he managed to acquire, was hardly a match against his rival's apprentice, had obviously made him angry. The thought of not acquiring the Uzumaki girl for his plans, had obviously made his ambitions took a small set-back.

The girl could've been an excellent weapon and replacement for the Jinchuriki of the Kyubi, if the current one is proven to be a threat to him. For years, he had attempted to kidnap Naruto so he could turn the talented blonde into his most prized weapon. But unfortunately, he was under the protection of several strong ninjas, such as the Copy-Ninja, the Snake-Mistress and the old Hokage himself.

It got a lot harder, when Naruto was made the Clan-Head of the Senju, and was given the 'key' to its impenetrable compound. The old War-hawk had spent years, attempting to break-into the Senju compound, to acquire the Senju's secrets and the thousand scrolls in its library, that contain many powerful Ninjutsus, Taijutsus and Genjutsus. But each attempt, only resulted in the deaths of many of his ROOT Agents, as the compound has some-sort of an invisible barrier protecting it, that ONLY allows a Senju, or who the Senju allows, entry.

When his spies informed him, that Naruto was able to enter the impenetrable compound without trouble, proving that he is indeed a Senju by blood, Danzo, along with the other two Elders and the Civilian Council, practically demand Hiruzen to force Naruto to hand-over the scrolls in the Senju Library to Konoha's military (Specifically to Danzo).

Only to be denied, and had the whole Shinobi Council in an uproar, as it is the Clan's Right to deny their secrets and possessions from outsiders, that even the Hokage has no power over, as it is a law created by the First and Second Hokage.

Despite the Civilian Council's constant in-denial that Naruto is a Senju, and claiming that the 'Demon' had somehow tricked the barrier into letting him in (idiots), the Shinobi Council had acknowledged that Naruto is indeed a Senju, and the new Head of the Clan. He along with Sasuke, are practically the youngest members in the Village Council, but luckily, due to their young age, they didn't have to attend the boring meetings yet, unless they are directly involved.

This does not sit well for Danzo however.

The Kyubi boy now has a small level of political power in the village. And if the villagers learned that he is the son of the Fourth Hokage, making him a Prince of Konoha, Naruto will have more power and influence than ever.

If Danzo is ever going to have Naruto under his control, he would have to use Shisui's Mangekyo Sharingan. Turning the Kyubi Jinchuriki into his loyal puppet, without him even knowing it.

But there is a 10% chance that the Kotoamatsukami will not work, based on the individual's mental resistance and will power. That is the reason, why Danzo could never control Hiruzen even if he wanted to. Despite having a 90% chance of success, he would be a fool to risk it on a Jinchuriki who happens to be a Sensor, unless it is a last resort.

But until then, he will have to wait.

For now, he has deal with the three young Agents before him.

"I'm disappointed, Tanuki. You ensured me, that you will bring me the Uzumaki girl on her knees. And yet, I don't see her anywhere." Danzo said with a monotone voice.