Chapter 29 - Home

THE GATES OF KONOHAGAKURE

It was another dull day in the Hidden Leaf Village.

Kotetsu Hagane and Izumo Kamizuki, also nicknamed; the 'Eternal Guards', were sitting at their usual station, supposedly observing the comings and goings of all the villagers and travellers that wishes to enter the great hidden village. Well, at least one of them was.

"This is soooooo boring!" Kotetsu yelled out with tired sigh

"Why are you complaining all the sudden? We've been working this post for 5 years now! It's a great job, if you ask me." Izumo said with a smile, proud of his duty.

"Glad I didn't ask then." Kotetsu said with a tired sigh, as he rests his chin on the table in front of him.

Izumo wanted argue back, and remind Kotetsu that it was HE himself who wanted to take on this job in the first place, after finally being promoted Chunin. He claimed that he wanted to take a break first, before taking on the very intense Chunin Level Missions........But that was 5 years ago.

Izumo however didn't mind his position. He believes that being a Gatekeeper of Konoha is already real honour, and an important duty that he takes with pride. Plus, he does enjoy the many perks of the job. It pays well, you get to sit all day, ogle beautiful women that passes by, and if he was honest with himself, he didn't mind the no-stress and peaceful lifestyle.

"Oh I know! Let's play a game!" Kotesu happily suggested.

Izumo glared at Kotetsu with a deadpan looked, slightly annoyed since they are still on duty. But he then sighs in defeat, and might as well humour his bored friend.

"Fine. If it gets you to stop complaining." Izumo agreed, but he had to admit to himself, that he too was a little bored.

"Alright. Let's play Would You Rather. You go first." Kotetsu said with an excited tone.

"Okay ummm.....would you rather......take the next Jonin Exams.....or fight one-on-one against Lord Jiraiya?" Izumo asked.

"Hah that's easy! Jiraiya of course. All I have to do, is transform into a hot naked woman and I'll win" Kotetsu said with a confident smirk, while Izumo rolled his eyes for his friend's hypothetical yet suicidal match against a Kage Level Shinobi. But then again, it wasn't really a bad plan.

"Alright my turn. Would you rather, have the Byakugan or the Sharingan?"

"Sharingan of course."

"Lame."

"Really? So you would rather have..."

"Hell yeah The Byakugan! Can you imagine, the things we can do with eyes that can literally see through anything." Kotetsu said with a perverted grin and a small blush.

"I'm no pervert, you idiot! Alright it's my turn now. Would you rather, tell Lady Tsunade that she is old, or tell Tsume Inuzuka that you want to be her Alpha?" Izumo asked.

"Neither, I'm not suicidal." Kotetsu said.

"Ah ah, you have to pick one or the other. Those are the rules." Izumo remined.

"Damn. Well.......if I have to go out, might as die a legend. I can see my tombstone now; Here lies the courageous young Chunin, who reminded a Legendary Sannin, that she has passed her prime." Kotetsu said as he waved his hand dramatically.

"You're an idiot." Izumo said with a small chuckle.

"Hahaha speaking of hot babes though.....would you rather, sleep with Kurenai or Ank...."