Chapter 6 - The Spark

TRAINING GROUND 11

After his meeting with the old Hokage, the now named Naruto Senju, has never been more motivated to do his training than ever. To already have an enemy as Legendary as the great Madara Uchiha, he knew the shinobi world will never truly be safe as long as he is still out there.

He needed to get stronger, and he was willing to train every day and night if he has to make it happen.

Naruto had already completed the first month of his Training Regime with the old Hokage and his ANBU 'Niisan'.

It was a long and tiring journey, but it was also very rewarding for the young Senju.

Naruto's Taijutsu has greatly improve when he first started. His 'Wing Fist' fighting style has already reached its peak on his current level, and will continue to improve through more training and sparring. The speed of his strikes and reflexes are now fast enough block most attacks, and counter with multiple fast Jabs, chops and elbow-shots.

Of course he still won't be able to defeat someone of Elite-Jonin Level like Dog, or obviously a Kage Level like Hiruzen, but his Senseis can proudly say that he can stand toe-to-toe and possibly defeat a Mid-Genin Level shinobi in a Taijutsu fight.

The next phase of his Training would be Chakra Control, which surprised the old Hokage since Naruto is the one who recommend it. Hiruzen had assumed, that the little blonde would eagerly like to move on to his Ninjutsu Training already. But when he explains his reasons such as...

'I still need more time to control the amount of Chakra I use, otherwise the execution of my Jutsus won't be as perfect as I wanted, and I'll just be ending up wasting a lot mine and Kurama's Chakra in the process.'

The old Hokage still can't get over the fact of how mature and responsible Naruto is for someone his age. He could only think that he gained most his mannerism and humility from his Mother Nono, which he is very grateful to the young mother.

Hiruzen also agrees with his reasons. Chakra Control may not be the flashiest or the most popular subject when it came to the younger generation like Naruto's. But it IS one of the essential skills to become a strong and skilful Ninja. Chakra is the Shinobi's greatest power after all, and if you lose respect of that power, it will only lead to your early downfall.

There are Two stages he needed to do, in order to gain 'Perfect Chakra Control'.

The first step is 'Tree Walking'. It is a training method to gain more beginner-level-skills with chakra control. This training involves focusing a fixed amount of chakra to the bottom of one's feet, and using that to climb a tree without using one's hands. If the stream of chakra is too weak, the user will lose their footing on the tree and fall off. If it is too strong, the user will be pushed away from the tree, causing the tree to break around the point of contact and the user will fall. The concept of this exercise is similar to magnetics.

The Second step is 'Water-Surface Walking'. This training method is use to gain more advanced-level-skills of chakra control. To do this, the user has to be emitting a constant stream of chakra from the bottom of their feet and using the repellent force to walk across the water's surface. This technique is more difficult to master than the Tree Climbing Practice, because the amount of chakra that needs to be emitted changes constantly.

Naruto began with the Tree Walking exercise, but surprisingly it wasn't as difficult as he thought. He would of course fall down a couple of times, but thanks to his previous training, he already knew the basics of how to channel chakra into a certain amount around parts of his body such as his fist. All he needed work on now, is balancing the amount.